• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GC 54

WHY? WHY? WHY?

GC 54

What do you think of this?

If I had a diesel engine in my boat, I would be legally able to use coloured diesel fuel. The cost is cheaper than uncoloured because there is no road tax added to the price.

However, since I only have a gasoline engine on my boat, and I purchase gasoline at the same marina that I would be purchasing my coloured diesel fuel from, then why is there not a price break for the road tax, especially for gasoline sold at a marina. Normally the cost of gasoline is already higher at the marina.

So I called a MPP office and an MP office. Only one reply so far, and would you believe this answer, ".....if you had a diesel engine in your boat, it would probably be a large boat that would not be trailered. However, since you are using a gasoline engine, and you are trailering the boat with the gasoline engine, then why would you not expect to have to pay road tax?"......"so you are telling me that I am paying road tax for the truck that is pulling the boat and road tax for the gasoline being used for the engine on the boat being pulled on a trailer"....."but what if I kept my boat with a gasoline engine docked at a marina year round?"......"I can't answer that"........."will you get back to me with an answer?"......."I'll try to find you an answer"....."thanks for calling with your concern." CLICK. How is he going to get back to me when he did not even ask me my name or phone number or email address.

Wouldn't you not think this is double dipping.

Are the MPP's and MP's really worried about the continuous rising costs in gasoline and diesel?

Thanks for reading my rant!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest fishinbuddy

I agree with you 100%. This is something that has urked me for a number of years now, but I never called the local MP on it before. Maybe if we all flooded him with calls concerning the road tax that we pay on the gas we put in our boats it just might shake things up enough to get him to take some action on this. I'll call him also.

Fishinbuddy

Buck 120

Your concern should be raised to NOSA or OFAH as they can lobby on OUR behalf much stronger than one voice.

Cheers Buck

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

GC 54

I made these calls late last month. Not to the local MP or MPP though.

I am a member of the OFAH and have already sent them my concern.

Let everyone you know about this issue. Strength in numbers.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters