• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

scope fogging up

gsambray

does anyone know any tricks to keep a scope from fogging up in the snow. i missed a beautiful white tail this morning cause i couldnt see through my scope. any tips to help keeping it clear in not so nice weather? i do use scope covers but it happens with or without them.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

dont heat gun/scope, keep truck cold .

warm scope + cold humid day = fog and snow melting

unless fog is on inside then you are screwed, any moisture present now that gun is indoors??

try lowest power on scope too, high magnification makes visibility worse.

whats is make model of scope?

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

gsambray

gun was kept in truck last night so it was cold this morning. i always keep in on power setting 3 (lowest). when i warmed the gun up inside it cleared up. it is a cheapo simmons scope since there was a misshap and my good one broke. I am planning to get a new one but want to wait for a bit since there isnt much of the season left this year. for know i carry a microfibre towel and constantly clean it. i guess i need to start some research for a good scope for all weather purposes.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

my burris cheap timberline can be covered in pine needles and water and its crystal clear, its on my tikka stainless and gets pounded on front rack of atv no problems

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

PRO V

I have a set of spring loaded scope covers on my baush & lomb, leopold. I don't like to touch the lens any more than i have to, i clean them once a year then leave the

caps on. I do a lot of my hunting calling and waiting so i'm able to stay on top of my gear, enroute to my shoulder i just pop the caps and I'm good to go, but if you do a lot of walking through the bush your bound to get dust, rain, snow on the lens, and with the body heat your lens is going to fog up, so you have to be on top of your gear at all times. I herd of a product called Kleer-vu, and

also herd of guys using rain-x.

Mike