• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mitch

boating liscence

mitch

I was just wondering if you need a boaters licesence for this year,I am plannning on getting one next month when i can afford it but i would like to put the boat in the water next monday in the kam for the day,

thanks in advance for any replies

Mitch.

Buck 120

This is not from the MNR but here is the answer:

All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within Canada will eventually require the card. The following three groups of boaters require the card IMMEDIATELY:

* All operators of any powered watercraft under 4m in length (13.1ft)

* All operators of PWC's (i.e.: sea-doos and jet skis)

* All operators of any powered watercraft born after April 1, 1983

As of September 15, 2009 all boaters will be required to have the Pleasure Craft Operator Card in order to operate a powered watercraft. There is no grandfather clause or age exemption ? this law applies to all boaters. Powered watercraft includes watercraft fitted with any size motor ? even a trolling motor.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

mitch

This is not from the MNR but here is the answer:

All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within Canada will eventually require the card. The following three groups of boaters require the card IMMEDIATELY:

* All operators of any powered watercraft under 4m in length (13.1ft)

* All operators of PWC's (i.e.: sea-doos and jet skis)

* All operators of any powered watercraft born after April 1, 1983

As of September 15, 2009 all boaters will be required to have the Pleasure Craft Operator Card in order to operate a powered watercraft. There is no grandfather clause or age exemption ? this law applies to all boaters. Powered watercraft includes watercraft fitted with any size motor ? even a trolling motor.

thank you very much buck this means I'm good to go born in 81 and my boats a 14 footer with a 9.9 johnson

can't wait to get out thanks again.