• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
McGinnis_Fishing

lochlomand lake.

McGinnis_Fishing

just wondering if its worth a try. its basicaly in my back yard.

brookiebuster

I have never fished there but Ive heard of people catching big trout in there.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

McGinnis_Fishing

ya ive heard the same. but its a big lake and i wouldnt know where to begin. never fishing lake trout in an in-land lake im sure doesnt help me out either.

naden

Id be carefull on the ice, I saw satellite images from less than two weeks ago and the lake was still open.

Guest SpiritFish

Id be carefull on the ice, I saw satellite images from less than two weeks ago and the lake was still open.

If you could provide a link to the site you got the satellite images it would be much appreciated Thanks! I am considering trekking up to Loch Lomond this week for some lakers

McGinnis_Fishing

spirit i sent you a pm.

naden

If you could provide a link to the site you got the satellite images it would be much appreciated Thanks! I am considering trekking up to Loch Lomond this week for some lakers

The link to the images was posted on here a few weeks ago by another member. ill see if I can find it

brookiebuster

Just follow Mission Road to the end.Look it up on google earth.

Guest cwp2011

thats how i figured you would get there but isnt there no trespassing signs and restricted area signs up there ? do i just disregard those haha or ?

Snowball

Here is link to satellite photos :

/>http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=s&page=1

Pictures have not been to great lately..................too cloudy!

Regards,

Snowball

nateandrychuk

i have been looking into this too. can you drive right up to the lake? how safe is the ice?

beartrack.jpg.1a43097fbd2f6250c49a780f32

fisherdude

iv always wondered this to becuase the way my friend from hockey that lives on the rez told me you go up the mountain towards the lookout n go left n follow that...but there is restricted signs and what not so never went any further...apparently there is some HUGE lakers in there from what hes told me

brookiebuster

Im not sure about the signs because Ive never been up there.Ive heard there is a launch up there but I am not too sure.On google earth you can clearly see a launch there.Im pretty sure someone asked a question about Loch Lomand in the MNR section and they said there are no special restrictions to the lake.Your best bet would to contact the MNR and ask about the lake.

McGinnis_Fishing

"MNR Answer:

Loch Lomond is completely surrounded by private land and Federal Reserve (Fort William First Nation) and therefore access would have to be with the land owners’ permission.

MNR has not imposed any special fishing regulations for this lake."

that is the mnrs answer.

Justin

Guest SpiritFish

Thanks for posting the maps. As for following mission road up there I probably would stay away from that route unless you are of status. I am almost 100% sure you cannot launch boats in this lake because it is a source of drinking water for the reserve. The only other way I know up there is following the trail at the end of Coppin Rd. A snowmobile or Qaud can make the trip. I have also heard of access on a trail from Sturgeon Bay but I know nothing about the location of this trail. If you go to the wikipedia page for the lake there is some more info http://goo.gl/VSah5

SpiritFish

McGinnis_Fishing

a quad would not make it up the trail at the end of coppin. the hill is too steep to make in the winter. and you have to cross sawdust lake to get to loch lomond so a quad doesnt work in the summer either. there is a trail goin in from stergeon just be careful because where the trail enters the lake there is a river going out and the ice is unsafe unless you stick close to the shore for the first 20 feet.

McGinnis_Fishing

a quad would not make it up the trail at the end of coppin. the hill is too steep to make in the winter. and you have to cross sawdust lake to get to loch lomond so a quad doesnt work in the summer either. there is a trail goin in from stergeon just be careful because where the trail enters the lake there is a river going out and the ice is unsafe unless you stick close to the shore for the first 20 feet.

Guest cwp2011

where do you find the trail at sturgeon how long is it... im guessing since you are saying quad or sled that means it may be to long to walk it ??

McGinnis_Fishing

its a good hike. i wouldnt walk it. also im not sure of the ice conditions on sturgeon bay or loch lomond.

brookiebuster

Cant you access loch from the dam off squaw bay road?Heres a link I found...

http://superiorhiking.com/loch-lomond-dam/

Click on the Google map link for a detailed trail there.

McGinnis_Fishing

http://superiorhiking.com/loch-lomond-dam/

You can get to loch lomond from mission rd, however there are signs saying no tresspassing and your not allowed to drive up there.

Mr. Canoehead

http://superiorhikin...och-lomond-dam/

I was able to 4 wheel drive up to the dam this summer its although its a very narrow trail. And I saw a ring-necked pheasant..funniest looking bird I've ever seen !

And there weren't any signs.

Edited by Mr. Canoehead

Guest SpiritFish

I snowmobiled up to the lookout near the lake today (Beside Sawdust Lake). I could see snowmobile tracks on the lake to the left of the picture but keep in mind this is a picture of the narrows at the north end of the lake. I never went down to the lake so I couldn't tell ya how the ice was. https://p.twimg.com/Ak5waKeCAAAvvlf.jpg