• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dan89

Looking for cheap first Shotgun

Guest dan89

Looking to purchase a cheaper 12g shotgun.

What should I be looking at?

What are some good brands that are reliable?

Thanks

Your guidance is appreciated!

Daniel

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

depends on your definition of cheap. for around $400

you really cant wrong with a rem 870 or mossberg 500. both have a ridiculously long service history with military police etc and should last through tens of thousands of rounds.

i like the mossy for thumb safety easier to reach slide release and easier to load with follower always up.

what do you plan on hunting or shooting?

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

randomheroj

The Remington 870 or 877 both are awesome guns the 870 shots 2 & 2 3/4 with enteral removable choke for you to turn it into a slug gun and some models you can totally switch out the barrel completely I use it for rabbits partridge and ducks. My cousin just picked up the 877 it shots 2, 2 3/4, and 3 inch it's a monster and loud as hell he had a little problem with it when he first got it. It Jammed on him and he missed some nice duck action. My 870 I havent had any problems with it. So I highly recommend the remington 870.

Guest JeffB

Ive got a Remington 887 NitroMag. Its a great all around/versatile pump shotgun. You can get all kinds of chokes for it, it handles 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" shells,

Its completely weather proof and just a great gun. I have others including an 870, Mossberg 500s/535s etc.. and the 887 is one I wouldnt want to be without.

naden

What action are you looking for? If your looking for something dirt cheap cant get much cheaper than a H&R single shot 12 ga

Guest shabaz

There are a couple of excellent used gun sites that you may want to look at. Ellwoodepps.com and firearmscanada.ca. a lot of great used guns updated daily

Hurketthunter

D&R sporting goods, GMK armory and Pritchards gun repair all have used shotguns on the rack. Go and shoulder as many as you can and ask lots of questions. If you tell them what your looking for they can guide you in the right direction. Good luck.

Hurketthunter