• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Freenorth20

11B or 12B Deer hunt

Freenorth20

I'm just getting started with deer hunting and am looking for a good place to start. I have a camp on shebandowan to use as a base but was wondering how successful deer hunting is around there. Athelstane rd. , burchell rd. , etc. I'mnot looking for anyone's spots but just want to know if it's worth it to get tags for that area, I think it's WMU 11B, WMU 12B

Thefishleclair

I spent allot of time going up and down Athelstain (12B) road last fall and this winter (Trap Line) and only came across 2 sets of tracks that were deer.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

BuckNut

Over the last 7 or 8 years I have travelled the whole length of athelstane (rounde lake) road probably 150 times and can remember seeing 4 deer. You see tracks once in awhile, but not regularly. I've seen more deer along the hwy 11 stretch. Buying a tag allows you to shoot a buck in any unit.

Freenorth20

Thanks for the info, I bird hunt the road quite often and last season we came across one of the largest deer I've ever seen. For a second when we saw it in the bushes we thought it was a small moose but when it walked onto the path there was no question it was a deer. Thanks for the info guys, sincerely appreciate it, might have to look elsewhere though if deer really aren't common.

randomheroj

Just stay in area 13. I've hunted 11b and 12b for the past 16 years and have never seen a buck in either seen some doe's but they really haven't moved in there yet. Area 13 is jammed with them take a trip down boreal and stuff one day for fun. Or even silver falls.

Guest Whitepine

Ive hunted 11b since I was 15 yrs old. Many years now. Shot one buck, the only one i can remember seeing.

I do see a lot of deer just west of the HWY11/17 junction though. Some real big bucks over the years too.