• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cstclair

Is this rain going to be good or bad for fishing?

Guest cstclair

What's everyone's thoughts on all this rain and how or what it will affect our fishing this year? Is it going to be good for the rivers to bring up levels? I see alot of trees flowing down the rivers in town. What are the smaller in-land lakes looking like? Is all his rain good or bad?

Some Old Guy

Rain is never bad!

I was out yesterday and did pretty good. Caught a very close to personal best smallie. 21 incher that was fat. There was also a 20 incher caught and two nice walleye. Smaller bass were there but slow fishing.

Pictures coming up soon!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

WalleyeWayne

Back in 2002 it rained so hard for many days in the Fort Frances area that it took out a major bridge on the Atikokan hwy. Rainy Lake rose so high that docks were separated from shore and the lake was filled with floating debris...especially barrels used for floating docks. When we were finally able to get to our cottage on Rainy Lake 3 weeks later, we went fishing off our dock and began hooking fish we normally don't get off our dock. In particular we were regularly hooking crappie and way more bass that ever before. In summary, the higher water levels resulted in improved fishing on Rainy Lake. I gotta believe all the water recently in our area will be a good thing. It will add debris to water systems, but it will also add feed ti rivers and creeks. With fish on the feed in the spring that's gotta help the fisheries,I would think.

Bobber Down

Rain is good for the rivers and lakes water levels. Bad for fair weather fishermen/women. Good for the walleye/fish populations as there are less ppl fishing in thunder and lightning storms........with the exception of Roger of course -:)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Some Old Guy

Ummm yes..... During the week I was out and fished during lightning strikes. Not recomended but sometimes I'm foolish like that.........

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

jason

I was out yesterday and the fishing was really good. Trail getting into the lake was a little rougher from all the rain but i can deal with that when the Walleye fishing is good. Couldn't keep them off the hook, then the pike got into the action and was hitting the Walleyes as i was bringing them in. It was a fun wet day for me.

Jason

Guest cstclair

Some very good points! Guess we will have to see how much more rain we are going to get! Soo much debris heading out into superior this weekend and lots cleared outta the rivers too. I will likely stay indoors during the lightning but will be keeping the line wet any other time.

fisherdude

I'd say itl have to be good for the fishig as the runoff will wash all kinds of extra food into the rivers and lakes and the water levels will become higher and cover parts of the land and add extra cover and structure

Guest Beamer

My favorite time to fish is when it rains heavy, unpleasant to be in but great for fishing IMO. Was out on sarurday and had a fantastic day of brookie fishing in the rain and after.

Beamer

WalleyeWayne

As of last night and this morning it doesn't look like we're getting a break anytime soon so ya'll best learn to fish in the rain. HAHAHA!!!

Guest scott324

It will certainly make getting into some of the lakes with already poor roads very interesting. Drove back from Fort Frances last night and everything from Atikokan to Tbay is flowing full force.

Guest Smack Um

My uncle in the east end has over 5ft of water in his basement I wonder how everybody else doing? I don't believe he is the only one suffering water damage when we get this amount of rain and peoples homes get water damage insurance rates tend to go... UP! :wacko:

Guest Eye Guy

I think the fish love it. They get to see parts of the bush they've never seen before.

unbedable

When the water levels rise to what they are, I would assume this is bad for rivers in the sense that it will provide a passage way for invasive species ? Clearly the weir isn't doing much? Or is the flow too intense that not many creatures can make it up? *I guess not necessarily invasive, but unwanted ie suckers or lamprey?

Guest Munshaw

Invasive species indeed Matt, everyone from Fort William is going to move to Port Arthur! (too soon?) :o

WalleyeWayne

Invasive species indeed Matt, everyone from Fort William is going to move to Port Arthur! (too soon?) :o

HAHAHA...you guys may be high and dry up the rock in PA...but you're also a minimum 5 degrees cooler than Fort William. This "Westfort Boy" will stay down here despite the nuisance water flood water right now, LOL!