• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mikejson

2 boats on trailers... how to swap trailers??

mikejson

HI all,

I just picked up a new package(well new to me) and I wanted to swap trailers before I sell one. New package has a shorter tongue and I need the length as I have a 8 ft camper in a 6ft box truck. Also, the trailer on the older package is galvanized...

Anyway, what suggestions are there out there for doing this?

I haven't really looked into it much but I would imagine I would have to adjust the bumpers to fit the boats yes? Is there somewhere in town I could go and bring both the boats there to launch, adjust, and trailer again??

Is there a service place in town that would do the swap for me for a decent price??(my time, gas = $$ too :P)

Thanks!

Mike.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

How big are these boats. You can just roll boats off on lawn. then winch trailer back under when them when you are done adjusting

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Mr. Canoehead

Kam river or current river won't cost you much gas money.

mikejson

They are both 16ft boats, with mounted motors(one is a 25hp 4 stroke... too heavy for me to solo lift). I know I could probably yank one of them off onto the lawn, but I don't think I could do that with the other one...

Where is the launch for current river? That might be the best for me... could just have someone come down with me and I can do it all with my truck seeing as I live right near boulevard...