• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
randomheroj

Crestliner aluminum

randomheroj

I have an older 16 foot closed bow Crestliner boat I want to make it an open boat but how much damage will this do to the structor I will be putting in bench seats and maybe a live will can this be done or is it a pipe dream please help

AB

In order to remove the cover and maintain the structural integrity it provided, you just need to replace it with a smaller cover piece of thicker material.

Better yet, cut back the original cover plate and reinforce it with a suitable stiffner. I'd check similar hulls (length and beam) and put a bench seat across the front end for additional hull support.

When it comnes to a live well, it can be done. I'd look to add it to the boat in the center area. You could be adding a bunch of weight to the hull. Is the transom in good shape if you need more horsepower?

good luck!

iceman

randomheroj

Ya i think I might just sell the boat motor trailer and everything lol.