• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Swan_Dive

Selling/swapping guns

Guest Swan_Dive

My father in-law is thinking of selling or trading one of his guns for a .410. I was just wondering how that works? Is there certain paper work you have to do? What is the process in doing this? If its possible I will post the detail of the gun he is looking at getting rid of if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Jeremy

naden

As long as the person you want to either sell the gun to or swap the gun with has a PAL license there is no paper work, or process. You can sell or trade long guns as you please now that the registry does not exist.

eddylives

Naden is correct , I just spoke to the RCMP last week and asked the same questions , as long as you are legal to posess and aquire long guns its fine.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

naden

Now that the registry is over I thought we would see all sorts of used firearms that were possibly never registered for sale on here and in the paper, but so far that doesnt seem to be the case. People havnt realized yet that you can buy and sell firearms as you please as long as both parties involved are licensed.

Guest JeffB

Now that the registry is over I thought we would see all sorts of used firearms that were possibly never registered for sale on here and in the paper, but so far that doesnt seem to be the case. People havnt realized yet that you can buy and sell firearms as you please as long as both parties involved are licensed.

I think people are still a little "gun shy" (pardon the intentional pun).

Its coming though. Ive bought some post lgr that havent seen the light of day for quite a few years. I wonder if most people just got used to having them for so long that they havent been thinking about them that much?

All I know is I have a few PVC pipe enclosures more than I used to. :)

naden

I think people are still a little "gun shy" (pardon the intentional pun).

Its coming though. Ive bought some post lgr that havent seen the light of day for quite a few years. I wonder if most people just got used to having them for so long that they havent been thinking about them that much?

All I know is I have a few PVC pipe enclosures more than I used to. :)

I agree, we are so used to being regulated that it feels odd to be able to sell and buy as you please, we should enjoy it though its not often the government gives us back any of our freedom!

Guest Swan_Dive

Thanks for the info guys...I'll talk to my father in-law and see what he wants to do and hopefully post a gun for swap/sell soon. Thanks again

Jeremy

Guest mucky

As long as you are doing your do diligence and ask to see the persons PAL and maybe compare it to there drivers licence you should be ok. Writing up a recipt wouldnt hurt I dont think but is not necessary.

Guest chaos_152

If your interested I have a .410 willing to tradeor swap. Its a mossberg bolt action. 3 round inrernal mag

Jared
On 18/02/2013 at 11:27 PM, chaos_152 said:

If your interested I have a .410 willing to tradeor swap. Its a mossberg bolt action. 3 round inrernal mag

Hi I am interested in you 410 if you are in thunder bay and still have it I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at 807 708 3939 or msg me back. I have lots to trade or a will just buy it if the price is right.