• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Who sells slightly used motors from resort/fly-ins in the surrounding area?

mikejson

I'm trying to figure out where I could get my hands on a 50 hp 4-stroke tiller. I know most of the fly-in lakes and resorts have either 40 or 50's on their boats they rent out. I also know they frequently trade in their motors...

So... all that said, I'm trying to find some of the dealers they work with to trade in.

I heard that there are good prices in dryden, kenora, and fort frances around this time of year. Problem I have is that I don't really know the dealers in those areas, and Google doesn't show more than 1 or 2 in each city. I would think there would be at least 3 or 4(for the various brand names).

Can anyone help me out in identifying the places so that I can give them a call/stalk their website for a good deal?

Thanks!

Mike.

Bear

Call Sport and Leisure in Kenora (807) 543-2167 ask for Steve Green. Woodlake Marine 547-2380 ask for Kerry, K Sports 467-4475 ask for Greg. Tell them Bruce from Milts Rod and Reel sent you.

Bear

naden

I think Badiuks in fort francis probably gets quite a few trade ins

mikejson

Anyone know if there are any similar places in Ignace?

I went to all the suggestions I've got so far, and they do have some things that interest me, but I haven't found anyone with the perfect motor in inventory yet :D (although I heard some may be coming in shortly)

Guest JeffB

Isnt "lightly used from a resort" an oxy moron?

Sorry i cant help you, but Ive never heard anything good about old resort motors/boats.

Jayfishin

Dont go with Railside in Dryden. My story - bought a 40 hp yamaha 4str tiller on a 16 foot princecraft package used at a lodge for two years. Came with one year remaining motor warranty. Price was good. Told motor was solid with no history no major repairs. Bought this unit in fall used a few times (no problem) then the next spring first trip out on Lac blew up motor on river. Minnkota'd back to launch. Took to TBay yamaha dealer, they ran motor serial number and found out it had been previously blow up and rebuilt and therefore Yamaha would not honour warranty to fix. So I called Railside and they played stupid. Ended up bringing boat back up to them where they didn't do much to help me, wanted 2900 to replace powerhead, but wouldn't warranty repair for more than 90 days and so I ended up having to buy a brand new yamaha 40 with only a partial trade accepted from broken motor. Not impressed....wont get my business again!

Jay

PRO V

You may have to wait a month and a bit before motors start rolling in to get a good selection. Try and find out which lodge the motors came from if they come from

a higher end lodge the motors will be better maintained, and they will trade them out every two years keeping up the reliability and customer service.

Mike

mikejson

Good info folks, I appreciate it.

I'm well aware of the abuse a motor can get at the resorts, and I was definitely going to look for ones from those smaller resorts, that flip them frequently.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Mike.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

the ford dealer in sioux lookout same owners as drydens i think its dingwall always had a good selection and i think the merc dealer there mascottos(still in buisiness??) has some used too

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

brookiebuster

I got a motor from smiths in town that came from a resort.Its a great motor with no problems.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Jayfishin

When I used to work for Anderson's Lodge in Sioux Lookout we used to lease/buy from Mascotto's marine. They used to turn over equipment every two years. Mascotto's services alot of the resorts up that way. Know the dealer owner thru family friends as well. Good people.

Jay

Guest Matt M

Tompkins hardware in Emo gets a lot of used camp motors and I know of a few lodges that do trade ins every year.

JLoew

I would check out Tomkins, have bought motors there and they have stood behind the warranty they sell with it. Probably best prices you can find as well.