• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Canoehead

Electronic Cigarettes..gotta love 'em!

Mr. Canoehead

E-Cigs. Anyone else rock'n one of these things? I have had mine for 2 months now and maybe smoked 3 "analogs" since I started. Tatses great, has fake smoke, any flavor you want, and if you know where to look it contains as much nicotene as you want. Technically you can smoke them inside public places because it is not actually smoke it is vapour. My wife loves it because it is odorless so i don't have bad breath and smelly clothes. If anyone is struggling to quit you should really look at these thngs. Before when I quit I was grumpy all the time, this way you can have your cake and eat it too!. I am so impressed by this thing I absolutely love my ecig.

The e-juice works out to around a a buck/pack equivilent so you will save tons in the long run too.Just throwing it out there for folks who may not have heard of them yet. Effortless way to quit smoking...and still enjoy smoking ! Any questions fire away.

Here's the one I'm using. All the parts are replaceable. http://www.vapemate.com/BIANSI-Imist-2-Starter-Kit_p_171.html

Mr. Canoehead

Oh yeah just dont order them from out of the country they may get confiscated at the border!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

so where to buy local ? haven tried this

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Snowball

Vape Mate is a Kenora based Electronic Cigarette outlet serving Northwest Ontario and surrounding areas.

Found the above info in their web site.

Regards,

Snowball

Mr. Canoehead

It seems that the only ones you can buy in stores are not refillable and do not contain nicotine. So if you want the real deal you have to order them or find a local "dealer" who sells them under the table. I bought mine off a dude in town because thats where my friends got it from. But if you order online you at least have a receipt. The good thing about the Biansi Imist is that all of the parts are replaceable.

Bobber Down

PM sent

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Some Old Guy

Hey!

I got your email and I tried calling tonight.... Sorry I know a little late. But I have to head into work and I'll try calling around noon tomorrow.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I feel that if you are still ingesting nicotine, you haven't quit anything. If this e-cigarette were to be removed from the equation, it seems you are still in a position where you would go back to smoking cigarettes. The cigarette is just a means of getting the nicotine into your body. It's not the cigarette your addicted to, its the nicotine. Any quitting method that promotes the ingestion of nicotine, is not a quitting method. It may be healthier than the smoke produced by a cigarette, but your addiction is still there. The point is to quit and rid ones self of the addiction no? Nicotine is the devil, don't blame the cigarette. I think any quitting method that contains nicotine is really just a waste of time, if prolongs the negative feelings associated with quitting, cold turkey your body can rid itself of ALL nicotine within a week, chew nicorette, or smoke this e cig, or use the patch and all your doing is continuously adding nicotine to the equation, and if you add nicotine, you will have to go through the feeling associated with it leaving your body as well, the withdrawal.

Just my two cents. Odds of quitting using a nicotine supplement alone are very very very low.

Mr. Canoehead

I feel that if you are still ingesting nicotine, you haven't quit anything. If this e-cigarette were to be removed from the equation, it seems you are still in a position where you would go back to smoking cigarettes. The cigarette is just a means of getting the nicotine into your body. It's not the cigarette your addicted to, its the nicotine. Any quitting method that promotes the ingestion of nicotine, is not a quitting method. It may be healthier than the smoke produced by a cigarette, but your addiction is still there. The point is to quit and rid ones self of the addiction no? Nicotine is the devil, don't blame the cigarette. I think any quitting method that contains nicotine is really just a waste of time, if prolongs the negative feelings associated with quitting, cold turkey your body can rid itself of ALL nicotine within a week, chew nicorette, or smoke this e cig, or use the patch and all your doing is continuously adding nicotine to the equation, and if you add nicotine, you will have to go through the feeling associated with it leaving your body as well, the withdrawal.

Just my two cents. Odds of quitting using a nicotine supplement alone are very very very low.

Well if you quit smoking you will likely start again before long. Or you will be grumpy for the rest of your life. Get one of these and just forget about quitting altogether and be happy. It has nothing to do with quitting, it's all about switching.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

You WILL go back to smoking actual cigarettes if given enough time. The e-cig is fun now, new and cool, but it is not going to fill the void of a cigarette. Encouragement should be directed more towards methods that actually allow you to quit, not become a slave in a different, new way. It's about beating the nicotine addiction, Not changing the delivery method. The e-cig(provided it contains nicotine) is NOT healthy. Just healthier than cigarettes.

Brodie K.

Some Old Guy

yet healthier it is!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

ya i switched to fake nicotine replacement cigarettes. similar to these. and 8 weeks later i havent even had one smoke and havent picked the thing up in 2 weeks.

i still bring it with me when i know i will be drinking, the last use was during GSP UFC fight.

it is easier to quit with these those old fashioned smokes.

i switched because e cigarettes = pink lungs

cant argue that

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Mr. Canoehead

You WILL go back to smoking actual cigarettes if given enough time. The e-cig is fun now, new and cool, but it is not going to fill the void of a cigarette. Encouragement should be directed more towards methods that actually allow you to quit, not become a slave in a different, new way. It's about beating the nicotine addiction, Not changing the delivery method. The e-cig(provided it contains nicotine) is NOT healthy. Just healthier than cigarettes.

Brodie K.

Strangely enough my consumption has decreased on it's own since starting the e cig. I even went a day without one puff because i never thought of it! And if I do ever crack and have an "analog" it's not like i fell off the wagon or anything. Good debate but the proof is in the pudding i guess. All I can say is I enjoy smoking it, and it makes a good pointing device lol.

Guest Ol Big Moose

Cigarettes are the gateway drug to e-cigs hahahahaaa!!! If I quit I dont think anyone would like the outcome

eddylives

I have done it and tried the vapour , it works great.
I am able to go a full work day in a non smoking enviroment without the need to have a real smoke , I thought it would be harder to do after a pack a day habit for 30 yrs plus but wow it really works.

I understand the mindset of replacing nicotine with another source but after repeated attempts to use other methods and fail this is the only one that seems to work for me so far
I have a mindset going that I need to....
1-Break the cycle , habits that I have developed around smoking
2-Use the vape to reduce and eliminate the cranky want a smoke issue(cold turkey was just not for me lol)
3-Then wean off the nicotine level to the point of dropping it all together

After a week of use I am really confident that a tobbaco free lifestyle is within reach in the future.
I have gone from 25 down to 2-4 smokes a day with ease and now am working on reducing the triggers that caused me to go for a smoke (seems to be a lot of it is in my head lmao)

I would recomend that anyone seriously thinking about quitting tobacco check these things out.

Thanks. I stopped smoking for good I hope

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it