• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Bow Sights & Rests

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Hi, while out hunting yesterday, the sight on my compound bow broke loose while tracking a deer through the brush. It was a flimsy plastic one that came with my bow package and had cracked while adjusting it during sight-in, so it was only a matter of time. I'm interested in everyones opinion on their favourite sights (compound bows), preference on number of pins, prices, and favourite hunting rests. Thanks in advance,

Cale

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I have a cobra venom g2 5 pin (i only use 3 pins, 25 35 and 45yds to keep it simple for now) it has an adjustable light and a big level and fits peep perfect, with a trophy taker drop away rest, it seems to agree with me. like $120 for both i think if you shop around

I'm even hittin vitals on my deer target at 25yds target shooting at night as halo of sight glows enough to centre in peep in low light.

I like this setup although next season i'm going with a sight mounted leupold vendetta rangefinder to take the guess work out, as we don't stand hunt for moose.

one hunting partner has an adjustable single pin ($150ish from gary) and it is nice but you cant adjust sight andjustment at draw so if animal moves a lot while drawn you may have to guess or let bow down and adjust. but with a known distance its bang on he hasn't missed our deer target at 80yds yet(max range on sight). just turn dial and shoot.

Ryan

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

AB

Cale,

For a hunting rig, you can't go wrong with a Whisker Biscuit for a rest. It's dead nuts simple and reliable.

As for sights, it's really up to you and how much money you want to invest. I have two sights for my bow. A retinal lock sight I use for target shooting, and a Cobra DRM for hunting with.

I love the Cobra and it works for me.

good luck!

iceman

brookiebuster

For my rest I use a qad ultra rest. Its a awesome dropaway style rest. Its a little pricey but it is worth every penny.My sight is a fuse carbon interceptor 5pin. Its very light due to the carbon fibre it is made of. It adds very little if any side torque to my bow. I have my pins set to 20,30,40,50 and 60 yards eventhough I really only shoot a max of 30-40 yards.Both these accessories are extremly durable. Shop around and look at reviews online aswell. Good luck.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Beamer

For a rest especially for hunting, simpler is better in my opinion and a whisker biscuit is simple, tough, and fool proof. Sights are more of personal thing and specific to the hunter, there are many great sights out there with three pins being sufficient for the newer faster bows.

Beamer

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

I ended up with an aluminum Cobra 5-pin, and a trophy ridge whisker buscuit. Not the most expensive of setups, but should be a lot more simple and durable than my previous setup. Thanks for all the advice