• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

Lac Des Mille Lac ice conditions

Foozer

I read an article last year about an ice fishing derby in Wisconsin. They allowed spectators to park on the ice, and they line up like in a parking lot. 40 something vehicles went through.

It was only a couple feet deep where they were, and only a couple were completely submerged, but Jeez.....silly Americans.......why would they do that on ice?

If I can fine the article, I'll attach a link.

This should be it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107849/Ice-fishermen-left-scrambling-36-parked-cars-plunge-frozen-lake-ignored-warnings.html

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

WalleyeWayne

Yep....I remember that one :blush:

scandiman

Good enough to drive a car onto?

WalleyeWayne

A mini-van was out there last weekend and learned that that wasn't such a good idea!

mikejson

I think I know which one you are talking about. The one that was stuck just before sand point?

He tried to drive through the snowbank created by the plowing of the road. If he stayed on the actual road, he would've been fine IMO.

McGinnis_Fishing

I was out with my 01 chevy malibu last sunday and i made it just fine off the ice road. You just gotta find the right spot of the snow bank to go through. Not sure how it would be after this snow we're getting!

WalleyeWayne

Don't forget that those ice ruts will chew and shred passenger style tires!

fisherdude

Might not matter since there's a 7 transport pileup at lac from what I hear, my buddy's bin in the lineup for 5 hours already. Hope everyone's got enough gas to stay warm lol

ty16

Does anyone know exactly where this accident is on the highway???

Can you make it out to pine point from Thunder Bay?

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

hwy closed from shabaqua to graham now, but accident looks like its just after time plaque

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

WalleyeWayne

Was in one of those a few years back where an accident closed the hwy 20K past Shabaqua for 3 hours. We unloaded the sleds and burned the ditches. Beat the heck out of sitting in the truck being pissed that nothing was moving.

scandiman

5 hrs of sitting in that line of cars. At least the leafs game was on the radio lol.

Croat

i got to the accident and then back tracked to dog river road and took the rail bed to nu mack road back to upsala and then to lac

Lyle Reiner

Last winter same kinda situation, but I was on a service call for work. Sat in a line for 10 hrs @ time n a half. It was one hell of a nice check

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Slick_Jig

Was at lac yesterday, ice road was plowed. I would be very cautious about driving off the road we got stuck in slush 50ft from the road. Also the highways are still terrible. We passed several transports in the ditch. Fishing was decent. Cheers

Gone Fishing

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

mikejson

This has got to be the most information I've ever gotten about Lac's ice conditions.

Thanks to the TBFF community :D

See ya on the ice!

McGinnis_Fishing

How is the ice road? Are guys getting stuck anywhere? Heading out tomorrow and not sure whether to take sleds or just the truck. Thanks

McGinnis_Fishing

Thanks Pa1m3r appreciate it

McGinnis_Fishing

We went out on lac for the day a couple days ago and only got 4 fish all day. Was wondering if the whole lake slowed down or maybe we were in the wrong spot. We were fishing a different area the i usualy do. Just curious how guys have been doin lately. Thanks

Lyle Reiner

Was out Saturday, got 12 to bring home and sent a bunch of cigars home

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

bobo

I haven't been out in a couple weeks. Just wondering if people are still driving trucks off the road or if its sled time. Any reply would be greatly appreciated

levi64

Was out thursday, road was good,, people going by were plowing, just some drifting snow. Was able to drive off the road in my truck to my shack only one drift i had to ease into 2 or 3 times to pack it down, no problems.. That is until Gary came by and plowed into his buddys shack and plowed me in.

• Like 1

Guest jj1

As of about 8 pm (wed) the road was in great shape and was still able to drive in the unplowed stuff to our shack with no issues. Was snowing a bit when I left though. Had lots of hits all day and kept a couple 15". Lots under 13. even caught the same one a couple times.lol