• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TBayPredatorHunter

Where to hunt coyote?

Guest TBayPredatorHunter

Hi, Im wondering where some good spots for hunting coyotes next year around the Thunder Bay area? Thank you .

Some Old Guy

You can talk to the farmers in the Slate River Valley. You might find one or two that might let you hunt on their property.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

naden

Do we have coyotes around here I always thought we just had wolves?

Thefishleclair

Yeah there are yotes around, Have yet to catch one on my trapline but I am kinda outta the range, Most wolf sightings around town are mistaken. Thinking of purchasing a tage for the 13 season and trying to call and see what is what!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Beamer

You can talk to the farmers in the Slate River Valley. You might find one or two that might let you hunt on their property.

Roger

Good advice, was in that area today pulling tree stands and saw two nice coyotes out catching mice in a crop field

Guest Smack Um

I'd try taking Hwy#593 by the Pigeon River Border and heading North up the Pardee Road it will take you to Hwy#595 South Gillies there are lots of Raccoon & Coyote holding out in this area & checking with the local farmers is always good.

salmonider

Ive been having good success on wolves this year using my foxpro. no yotes, just foxes and wolves. i got the foxpro for coyotes in between morning and evening elk and deer hunts out west, but the wolves here do come in.

there is a major learning curve as to how to set up stands with wind direction and so on, but its the most exiting hunting ive done. its a great time to hunt now because no one is out and you can use full snow camo.

biggest tip i can give is to get on a fresh track and try to locate wolves by howling, then bring them in with distress calls.

be ready with a bipod cuz shots will be quick. i had a pack come out this year at 70 yards within 1 minute of the bunny cryin, as fast as they came in, they vanished, not without one gettin the stomach pill though.

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

Guest Matt M

When you are trying to locate them by howling do you prefer to use the lone wolf howl or wolf pack? What are your favorite foxpro sounds? I just got a foxpro and I'm trying to figure out what works best for wolves.

pgidley

I've seen quite a few around my place down near Little Trout Bay road. Seems to be many coyotes and foxes, but no wolves. Not many snowshoes either, but some...not near the numbers I was seeing in Timmins.

If anyone has some success with the yotes, I'd love a pelt. I'd pay whatever is fair for one. Untanned is fine, I can tan it. I was going to pick up a tag but I'm not really set up for yotes this year, and I can't justify it just to put some new fur on my mitts!

tracker

There is one hanging around CPR tracks in Westfort. Seen it twice in the last few days while walking my dog.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{