• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Thefishleclair

Get out and keep yer skills up

Thefishleclair

Took my bow out today to help a Bud out from some Apple tree bark eating vermin, Shot at 4 connected on 1 missed by a hair on 2 and one was completly out to lunch. Was fun gettin out and plan on going again! Possibly tomorrow after I fix the sled!

I figure its a good way to keep the shooting skills up and burn some winter fat trudging in that snow!

Using a Martin Saber, 50#

Easton Arrows

Feather Fletch

Gawd awful blunts that dont slide threw the snow well :D

IMG_0002_zps4c90d1a4.jpg

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

milspec

I can't say I was hunting anything, but I just arrived in Essa, ON for a couple months of work training. Went to a local 3D course and rented a recurve. I just discovered that I like traditional bows way more then compounds. I'm hooked!

Thefishleclair

They are way more fun!!! I am getting rid of my Compound!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

milspec

I sold my compound sometime during December, and haven't looked back.

MDR

Sold my compound as well and am looking forward to a summer of practice for deer season with a recurve.

Thefishleclair

Why wait till Summer, Go get a Small game License and start lookin fer bunnies!! They make great soups and pies!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

milspec

Could one argue against a long bow being better for grouse? I've been considering this lately, the shop close the base here has a really nice Ragim Wolf longbow that I was thinking about for just grouse. They also have some nice Bear and Ragim recurves. I can't seem to make a decision.

MDR

Why wait till Summer, Go get a Small game License and start lookin fer bunnies!! They make great soups and pies!!

Have my license, unfortunately I didn't bring my bow up with me this year or I would have been out after them. Been after the wascawy wabbits using some wire. Made a good soup with one the other day using, onion, celery, carrotts, potato, pasta and barley. They really do enjoy munching on bark thats for sure.

Could one argue against a long bow being better for grouse? I can't seem to make a decision.

Nope, can't argue that ;) go get one and enjoy shooting.

Thefishleclair

Could one argue against a long bow being better for grouse? I've been considering this lately, the shop close the base here has a really nice Ragim Wolf longbow that I was thinking about for just grouse. They also have some nice Bear and Ragim recurves. I can't seem to make a decision.

I have 2 Long bows, 1 is hand made from a Fellow I know and the other is from my pops, He found it in the Dump...Whicked shooter...I broke the tip off it when In high school, I just finished repairing it today. Tomorrow I will measure it and have a string made, Will see if it still shoots alright or not. |Then if it does I will use it on grouse, rabbits!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

MDR

Just wanted to pop in and say I got two today! Making a good soup right now out of one, the other is in the freezer.

Thefishleclair

With the Bow or Wire?????

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

MDR

One from wire and one I went out with a friend who had an extra bow around, we each took one. Couple hours well spent, they sure are hard to spot and harder to get a shot on without branches in the way.

Thefishleclair

Cool. :smiley-sport020: . My rig is all done up, Might just have to go and try this weekend!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

milspec

Easy fix?

Thefishleclair

Nope, Just got the Blunts all put on, Arrows done and Luminocks added to arrows and string waxed! When I come home in 2 weeks I will be out for a few hunts!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest DartonRage2

I'm interested in longbows as well. It seems like the only downside is that longbows are very long limb tip to limb tip so u may have trouble chasing birds thru thick northern ontario bush and it might be hard to pull off a shot at a small moving target when your limbs are rubbing against alders and whatnot. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything trust me I understand there's something very interesting about traditional archery longbows especially. My cousin has me sold on traditional I was target shooting in nipigon with him last year with his new bow. I've been looking into millenium bows does anyone have any advice on where I should start? The bow I'm interested in is a longbow with recurves.

milspec

As of right know I have nothing but my hands to hunt grouse with, I'm weighing out the options: 10/22, shotgun, or bow. I just want all 3 but the finances aren't there at the moment.

Thefishleclair

I'm interested in longbows as well. It seems like the only downside is that longbows are very long limb tip to limb tip so u may have trouble chasing birds thru thick northern ontario bush and it might be hard to pull off a shot at a small moving target when your limbs are rubbing against alders and whatnot. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything trust me I understand there's something very interesting about traditional archery longbows especially. My cousin has me sold on traditional I was target shooting in nipigon with him last year with his new bow. I've been looking into millenium bows does anyone have any advice on where I should start? The bow I'm interested in is a longbow with recurves.

This is why I switched! It is a bit of a challange, however the more you do it the better you get! You learn how to move the bow through the thick trees and it also slows you down and keeps yer eyes peeled even better!!!

Like everything out there, its tough when you start out but gets easier as you go along!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

jbzobes

...for anyone interested...check out bowjangles on face book...makes and teach"s traditional long bow's...jb...