• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SherpaJ

Sandhill Cranes

SherpaJ

My friend and I got in a discussion about shooting Sandhill Cranes. We know there is a season in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, among other places, but what about Ontario?

We were unable to find any information online regarding shooting Sandhill Cranes, in any or all zones. I know there is no season listed, but they are not listed as a "Specially Protected Bird" either.

I may be asking the wrong authority, but is there any chance you could clarify this for us?

Thanks in advance!

Guest MNR

The Sandhill Crane (Grus Canadensis) is protected under the Migratory Birds Convention Act. There is no season for the bird in Ontario.

Over the past 10 years, the Sandhills’ presence has been increasing in Northwestern Ontario as they migrate through from further north. Some are even nesting in the area.