• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eddylives

Fishing disabled and children??

eddylives

I have two questions.

1-Does a person with an ontario disabled parking permit have a regular sport fishing posession limit or is it a conservation limit.

I inquired at a local sport store and they claimed a conservation limit but I read the regs as a sport limit.

2-I have a neighbor whos children I take fishing with me when I can and they enjoy it very much. (I have card and licence)

Now she needs to know if she requires an outdoor card and fishing licence to take her kids fishing if she is not fishing herself and a licenced person is not available to be with them.

But is just there to supervise the childrens safety while they are fishing , ages 6 and 8.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest MNR

An accessible parking permit issued under the conditions set out under the Highway Traffic Act is deemed to be a sport fishing licence and therefore would allow the person to catch and retain a sport fishing licence limit. In Fisheries Management Zone 6 (Thunder Bay) the limit for walleye for someone with an accessible parking permit would be four (only one over 18").

If someone who doesn't have a fishing licence wants to take resident (Canadian) kids out fishing, go for it. The only time you need a fishing licence is when you actually engage in angling. Of course there's a definition of "anlgling" in the regulations. It means "fishing with a line held in the hand or closely attended." An adult can put the worm on the hook and tell them how to cast or drop a line over the side but when you start reeling in a fish for them.....that's angling. Kids can keep a sport fishing licence limit and must abide by all the other regulations (seasons, size limits etc).

Non resident kids can get a licence of their own and keep the associated limit (conservation or sport) or if they are under 18 yrs of age, they can fish under a licenced adults licence (share a limit).

Some Old Guy

(only one under 18").

I think this is a typo and over should replace under. So it should read like this, (only one over 18").

Please correct me if I am over stepping my boundaries.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!