• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest debruyne97

Rainbow fishing Update

Guest debruyne97

I am hoping to head out this weekend. Hopefully it clears up and it can stop snowing. What are some setups that are good to use and where should you use them? What is the most popular setup to use and what do you need for it?let's discuss rainbow fishing.

fishman1

Stop by d-r and ask questions. The staff will be happy to steer you in the rite direction. A few are avid steelheaders. Go to a meeting of the steelhead club or next time on the river, ask a fellow fisherman . Most steelheaders will be happy to give you a few pointers.

Guest Swan_Dive

I agree on going to D n R, when I was just starting out with steelheading I stopped in there a few times and they were more than helpful with what equipment, setup and techniques.

unbedable

Search button on the top also helps out :) There have been some good ideas passed throughout the site, but I can seem some hesitant to rehash every second week that a similar question is asked or generalized. I'm sure you'll find great ideas about where when and how amongst old threads if noone answers

Guest MachoManFisherMan

Check your inbox

- I sent you a map I made for a few rivers in & around Tbay, with spots "X'd" on it for you to try (Places I've been successful) also I tryed to give you what on the river to avoid and what will be fish holding spots. You can virtually catch steelhead by any means of fishing (Float [centerpin-spin], Fly, Casting] I'll let you venture into that one on your own but I hope this helps to land a few shiny sea serpents. Don't get stressed out, and HAVE FUN, steelheading's an addiction you wont mind to have.

John :fishing1:

Bobber Down

Saw a silver try to get up the falls at Court St Sat afternoon. Watched for about 15 min. Only one fisherman from there down to the mouth. Two fishing at Current River mouth. No action. 14 ppl at Edward St hot spot. Didn't see anyone catch. Never checked the Mac or points east of town.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Weekend coaster

Any rainbow caught yet I'm itching to go out

bin fishin lots

Ive caught a few fish! There slow but there moving up now. Casting the mouths with little cleos and in the rivers im using bright orange rainbow roe sacks. Good luck!

bin fishin lots

Ive caught a few fish! There slow but there moving up now. Casting the mouths with little cleos and in the rivers im using bright orange rainbow roe sacks. Good luck!

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've only heard of people saying their buddies have got them. Not them personally. Always seem people are catching a ton until I ask for a pic. All the sudden their not there anymore.

Zackcorbin1401

I lost a nice steelie today at the neebing

bin fishin lots

Hahahahaha. I got a new steelie pic i posted. Cant postem all tho. I go to fish not be a photographer!

walleyewarrior

I've been out checking the rivers and talking to anglers if I bump into them. The odd one says he caught one but I've yet to see one get caught. Checked the water and it was at 38-39 degrees yesterday. I don't see how the fish would be moving up yet. There's always a lot of stories that come with the steelhead run.

ghart

Rivers and creeks from Thunderbay to Nipigon were flowing strong yesterday - high and brown for the most part. Black sturgeon there was a small ice jam just up from river, wold was running strong and open, smaller creeks were flowing too with someflowing over the ice.

Coupled with the sun they say is coming the water should warm up nicely this week.

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

shmanks

was out at mcvick's today had no luck was pretty much just out for practice lol seen no fish swimming around seen no fish moving up by court street as well glad to see the signs are still up....few more days hopefully....how warm do the streams need to be to trigger the spawn? i thought it was 40F?

Guest Steelheadmagnet

What' are your guys methods to take pictures of your fish? I personally don't like to take the fish out of the water if I don't have to also I like to fish alone so that makes it hard to take pixtures

Guest Steelheadmagnet

What' are your guys methods to take pictures of your fish? I personally don't like to take the fish out of the water if I don't have to also I like to fish alone so that makes it hard to take pixtures

Bobber Down

Mcvics not too high and fast. Very fishable. Didn't see anyone when I was there. Neebing dif story. Fishing both sides. No action. The Mac was flowing pretty good. Maybe 20 ppl there. Only one guy said he caught one. Didn't see it though. Prob a bit cold still. Fish would be sluggish.

post-1835-0-22535900-1367782127_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-33244900-1367782185_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Bullshark

Mcvics not too high and fast. Very fishable. Didn't see anyone when I was there. Neebing dif story. Fishing both sides. No action. The Mac was flowing pretty good. Maybe 20 ppl there. Only one guy said he caught one. Didn't see it though. Prob a bit cold still. Fish would be sluggish.

I counted 16 people at the Neebing this morning (10 am ish). Nada.

But I have caught 2 so far...even though I only took pictures of one :fire:

post-1478-0-27350400-1367787841_thumb.jp

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Guest vxnation

Where is that picture with all the people. I havent seen many people at all last week. I had no luck so i was going to wait untll it was warmer

Aren't some of the people fishing too close to the weir in that picture?

That's what I thought but it looks like guys are pretty far up. Ah well.

Hurketthunter

Got one this afternoon when I took my two boys out, fresh male about 3.5 pds. Only fish we caught, had no other strikes at all. I think if the weather stays on the warm side this coming weekend should be good.

bin fishin lots

Got a couple today myself. All males! Biggest being 23 inches. Tons of pressure out there today!! Mac, Neebs, Mcvick, lots of people. Mnr out as well thank god! Keep people honest and clean! Post some new pics in a day or so gentlemen!