• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest debruyne97

Rainbow fishing Update

Bobber Down

They were a little farther down than necessary from the posted sign/distance.

That's what I thought but it looks like guys are pretty far up. Ah well.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Weekend coaster

Anybody try the current or the mckenzie

shmanks

got em on the second cast then no more after that

312k413.jpg

Guest debruyne97

Hoping to go to cold water,spring and wolf this weekend. Did anyone fish them yet if so how did you do?

Weekend coaster

312k413.jpg

Which river is that?

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Got 2 today. Only managed a picture of one. Seen 2 other fish get caught today. They are in the rivers now, despite all my doubts lol.

post-374-0-26165400-1367858211_thumb.jpg

mitch biloski

Nice pics guys. Was out this morning. Never seen anything caught. My 3rd cast hooked up a sucker. Which sucked!

Guest Swan_Dive

Oh I am so Jealous! I am stuck working up north on a fly in reserve and I just wish I was in town so I could get out and wet a line. Keep posting the pics boys!

Jeremy

kbrest

Oh I am so Jealous! I am stuck working up north on a fly in reserve and I just wish I was in town so I could get out and wet a line. Keep posting the pics boys!

Jeremy

Dont worry swanny Ill catch them for you until you get down lol.

Bobber Down

Happy to meet another TBF member at the river. Good fishing spot. Nice that you released it.

312k413.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

shmanks

Happy to meet another TBF member at the river. Good fishing spot. Nice that you released it.

the gig is up you found my secret spot :( lol was nice to meet yah!

Okay. So just got back from Neebing. 3 guys fishing above the signs, I asked them to move, so they go ten feet down river but are still above the signs, I than tell them they are still fishing illegally, he says "I heard you". I threaten to call the cops and they fish RIGHT at the sign. Now, another question, can people stand below the signs, but cast up into the illegal area, or is it nothing including tackle above the signs. I'm wondering because I see lots of people stand at the signs and cast right up to the weir, seems counter productive to allow someone to cast their setup into the illegal area but not allow people to stand there. Any info would be great, I just want to fully understand the rules.

This was at Churchill. Above the Edward st bridge.

walleyewarrior

1 877 TIPS MNR or post your question in the MNR forum. Ether way be good to get rid of a few of those guys. Makes more room for the rest of us.

kbrest

Okay. So just got back from Neebing. 3 guys fishing above the signs, I asked them to move, so they go ten feet down river but are still above the signs, I than tell them they are still fishing illegally, he says "I heard you". I threaten to call the cops and they fish RIGHT at the sign. Now, another question, can people stand below the signs, but cast up into the illegal area, or is it nothing including tackle above the signs. I'm wondering because I see lots of people stand at the signs and cast right up to the weir, seems counter productive to allow someone to cast their setup into the illegal area but not allow people to stand there. Any info would be great, I just want to fully understand the rules.

No your right, in an area you can't fish you cannot cast presentation in that area either. You can stand past the signs and cast back into the legal area obviously, but the no fishing means no fishing. If you are targeting the area then it is illegal. Same with the Lake Tamblyn fishing sanctuary at LU, cannot cast into or put bait into that area. I would have ratted these guys right away, especially if they were being smart with you lol. Im happy to hear that you at least told them, Its good to hear that when no MNR is around we can try to police the situation or at least educate.

I agree. I gave them the chance to move. I seen that they approached from a direction that would have shown them the back of the signs. In that case I would always notify them of the wrongdoing before I notify anyone else. I just hope there's other guys out there who are willing to speak up when they witness such a thing. It was sad to see so many other anglers apparently okay with this behaviour today.

kbrest

Yah for sure, wait until later on when the sucker run and you see guys with huge treble hooks snagging them. Drives me nuts and when I open my mouth telling them, I get the typical "bro" "what are you gunna do?" attitude which is not worth fighting over. The pink salmon in the fall too. I hope all the real fishermen here have a safe successful spring for steelhead this year! I will be heading out to the Mac tomorrow morning hopefully all goes well.

Guest Steelheadmagnet

Heading to terrace bay tomorrow for 3 days going to stop at pretty much every river from cold water to marathon. Did great last week so I figured I would try it again

fishman1

Heading to terrace bay tomorrow for 3 days going to stop at pretty much every river from cold water to marathon. Did great last week so I figured I would try it again

You did great last week??????????????????????

We're you ice fishing??????

Guest Steelheadmagnet

No augusobaun and steel river were flowing quite nice actually

fisherdude

It's true, he sent me the pics/ videos to rub it in... Bring me next time haha

Guest cmcrawfo

There have been a few guys making the trip east from TB in the last few weeks. The water on the steel has really started moving, amazing how fast a river can change. When I drove back 2 days ago, most of the rivers had broken up, about half were free flowing the other half had a lot of ice chunks moving through them. I am sure you will do great again, enjoy the trip.

Guest (Banned)walter

My buddy caught a couple :) he posted the pictures on facebook, Apparently out of Gravel Creek. I haven't been yet myself and haven't seen anybody around Mcvicar's either but hopefully after this warm spell will get some action.