• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest debruyne97

Rainbow fishing Update

shmanks

just got back from mcvicars the water got much higher than yesterday and i was talking to someone who said they checked the water temperature and it was 32F brrrrr....caught myself a new pair of underwear tho lol

• Like 1

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Yeah it was like a ghost town on the river tonight compared to the last few days.

Weekend coaster

Has anyone ever tried fishing the McIntyre by the college It seems like a slow flowing part but wondering if its worth it

Some Old Guy

Might be good there. I heard fish gather in schools................

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

Might be good there. I heard fish gather in schools................

Roger

Thats awsome lmfao............I cant see the screen for the tears lmao

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

kbrest

just got back from mcvicars the water got much higher than yesterday and i was talking to someone who said they checked the water temperature and it was 32F brrrrr....caught myself a new pair of underwear tho lol

That might have been me. I was taking water temps all over at the mac and mcvickar lol. All between 30 and 36 so still not wam enough. Fish will be slow and lethargic. I will still be out there this week each day as the time nears!

I caught a crayfish the size of a loonie. That's all I got tonight. Weekend coaster I fished the area today by the college, there are some promising looking spots. A lot of it is slow and boring water but I have caught fish there before.

Lyle Reiner

Slow and boring at the college who'da thunk it

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

shmanks

rivers are flowing heavy now....mcvicars creek now looks like chocolate milk :( wanting to get out fishing damnit

gsambray

So i went fishing last night. Guess what i saw. A fellow fisherman come walking down to the neebing river right past the no fishing sign and started to toss a giant rapala right beside the weir. I took a picture of it and confronted this individual. I was told to mind my own effin business unless i wanted to go for a swim. So i contacted the police and mnr and reported this trash with the picture aswell. Unfortunately i was told i am not allowed to post my pic as it is an ongoing investigation. So i wanted to post my story and to let him know I NO WHO YOU ARE AND YOU ARE BEING LOOKED FOR BY THE AUTHORITIES AND IF I SEE YOU DOING THIS AGAIN I WONT BE AS KIND AS I WAS.....A$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!

eddylives

So i went fishing last night. Guess what i saw. A fellow fisherman come walking down to the neebing river right past the no fishing sign and started to toss a giant rapala right beside the weir. I took a picture of it and confronted this individual. I was told to mind my own effin business unless i wanted to go for a swim. So i contacted the police and mnr and reported this trash with the picture aswell. Unfortunately i was told i am not allowed to post my pic as it is an ongoing investigation. So i wanted to post my story and to let him know I NO WHO YOU ARE AND YOU ARE BEING LOOKED FOR BY THE AUTHORITIES AND IF I SEE YOU DOING THIS AGAIN I WONT BE AS KIND AS I WAS.....A$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm.....I would have thought that the police would have to deal with threats to cause bodily harm or even death would be dealt with right away......

Sounds like grounds for a complaint so the police can "police" their own actions lol

As for his picture.......ooops......I went to e-mail or text it and it got spread around for all to see lmfao......whats he gonna do....threaten you some more?

gsambray

True but i dont wanna jepordize anything. I want him busted. I dont care that he threatened me it was the fact that people like that give the good guys a bad name. Apparently cops can charge for fishing vialations as i was told. But it might get spread around in good time (oops i uploaded the wrong file) lol

McGinnis_Fishing

I cant see the cops or mnr doing anything about it.. They're not going to start tracking guys down for fishing under the weir hahaha

gsambray

Thats what i thought too but with there being proof and both kinds a fines (threats and fishing violations) i hope something good happens. And trail cam idea why not they set up cametas all over town

They will do something about it if enough complain. Or we make a Facebook group that we can post photos to. We can post people breaking the law. They can be publicly named and ridiculed if recognized. Something needs to be done because I also can't stand seeing this bullsh*t either.

Like the Thunder Bay park jobs group. But fishing related. There are surely enough occurrences to get a lot of photos.

eddylives

I cant see the cops or mnr doing anything about it.. They're not going to start tracking guys down for fishing under the weir hahaha

And the flip side of this coin.....an easy pinch with witnesses , pictures.....heck thats more than half the battle for them lol.

I met a guy that was photo'ed and vidio'ed being a bad boy lol.

They just politely explained his position....accept the fine and be good from now on......or fight it and they will push for maximum penalties in court and get it with the evidence.....he watched the video and had no problem accepting the $250 or so fine hahahaha.

For the people that also think cops don't do anything, I hope that doesn't mean you don't speak up either. This is our fishery and we can't always rely on the mnr or police to keep it running smoothly. You gotta speak up, don't be afraid! Stand up for what you love.

For people out there fishing illegally. If your snagging or knowingly fishing in an illegal manner or illegal area, I video tape you and disappear like a ghost. Sometimes if its close to the end of the day ill also be waiting to see what vehicle you go to so I can get your license plate. If your doing something illegal that may be due to lack of knowledge, ie. didn't see signs than I ask once, photo second, call third. I never let things go undocumented.

gsambray

Its nice to see others helping out. I am sure if it escalated others would have backed me up or so i like to believe that

eddylives

I would just like to point out that any heated encounter that has the potential to turn physical can lead to a whole world of hurt in the future for those involved.

Regardless of your passion for the outdoors it's not worth it to end up with assault charges...or anything else that can be chargeable.

lose your guns , there goes hunting.....

criminal record , there goes border crossing.....

and so many other things that can be affected by potential legal woe's.

Just my thoughts on this matter....

Fishbum

Fishing must be slow if all u gotta do is Arf Arf about others ... Lol