• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest debruyne97

Rainbow fishing Update

thefisher

ya it was pretty slow for you the other day wasnt it Fish 24/7 :smiley-laughing025:

Fishbum

Off topic !!!!!!!

thefisher

heres a beaut from sault ste marie last wednesday!

post-542-0-93749600-1368072495_thumb.jpg

Guest flyinfinn

Don't tell me he took you to his home rivers and you out fished him Sam?

Weekend coaster

I'm assuming the rain we had yesterday would make the rainbows to run up the rivers. At 4:15 I drove past the neebing at Churchill and there was only one guy fishing i guess the fishing slowed ?

unbedable

At 4:15 I drove past the Neebing.. i guess the fishing slowed ?

Hey if you're already driving by, stop and wet a line? Only sure way to find out

Weekend coaster

Has anybody has success with live worms or spinners for steelhead or is roe the best to use

bin fishin lots

I find its all about conditions and timing of the run. I personally always start the season off with fresh bright roe. Early season high water, clarity, and water temp are the major factors I consider. When the season is in full swing I will use worms and spinners. Using spinners and small spoons are also productive in the early season when fish stage in the mouths. Hope this helps you out.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Eddy lives...what is your suggestion, not speak up? Encourage such acts? I for one will continue to speak up. Sounds like your living in fear of what might happen, it's usually pretty safe to speak up on the river. There are other people around. It would RARELY ever escalate to a physical altercation. If you don't speak up, than you don't care. If your afraid to speak up, call mnr anonymously. Either works. Saying and doing nothing is not an option for me. Shouldn't be for any steelheaders who care. That's my input.

eddylives

Eddy lives...what is your suggestion, not speak up? Encourage such acts? I for one will continue to speak up. Sounds like your living in fear of what might happen, it's usually pretty safe to speak up on the river. There are other people around. It would RARELY ever escalate to a physical altercation. If you don't speak up, than you don't care. If your afraid to speak up, call mnr anonymously. Either works. Saying and doing nothing is not an option for me. Shouldn't be for any steelheaders who care. That's my input.

That's not what I am saying at all....keep a cool head and don't screw up your life over a dummy being a goof.

If you have never been standing in front of a judge for anything I know it is not a place you want to end up.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

kbrest

Hit the Mac and mcvickar everyday this week with no luck. water temps this morning still sitting at around 34-35 degrees. Water is starting to go down a bit and clarity getting better. Time to make a trip east this weekend. Cleaned up a lot at the Mac today as well....30lb braided line tied to a bobber with a BIG fire tiger spoon...what the hell? lol. Filled a garbage bag though with fresh beer cans and the plastic holders hanging in the trees. Hoping maybe the fish gods will reward me when the full run starts. Keep fishing boys (and girls, thefisher).

• Like 1

Pound 4 Pound

Totally agree with you Fish 24/7. As the saying goes " shut up and fish "

This is a discussion forum. Get over it. We should be able to come here and discuss without being told to shut up and fish. We would all rather be fishing than on a computer. But I don't always get what I want.

Pound 4 Pound

Get over what, it's a fishing prase I am not implying to anybody on here to shut up and fish it is continuously like this year after year after year as Fish 24/7 mentioned arf,arf,arf. Just for the record I have been out fishing and doing pretty well, good luck to all.

thefisher

Oh yes that's exactly how it went Antti!!!! It was great haha 5-0

Don't tell me he took you to his home rivers and you out fished him Sam?

Slow night tonight. Few other guys at the neebing. Heard TBF mentioned so I assume that was some of you guys. I got one fish right when I arrived around 530. Nadda the rest of the night. Chilly night too. Watched 15+ fish jump the weir. Maybe way more but I assume they were all not individual fish.

kbrest

Slow night tonight. Few other guys at the neebing. Heard TBF mentioned so I assume that was some of you guys. I got one fish right when I arrived around 530. Nadda the rest of the night. Chilly night too. Watched 15+ fish jump the weir. Maybe way more but I assume they were all not individual fish.

Atta boy, your doing pretty well this early so far. Im sure we will run into each other a couple times around the city this year, I have been going morning all week, working evenings. Keep it up!

mitch biloski

Basically you fished for a hour then? Posted this at 6:30 and you got there at 5:30...

Must of got there a little bit earlier. Felt like more than an hour.

Wait I posted that at 730. So yeah 530 still makes sense. 2 hours.

gsambray

Ya i was there too. No action well, maybe, i dunno....thought I had a fish felt really big but my line snapped and all of a sudden popped up an otter right by were my line broke. Was it a fish or did i catch an otter? That I will never know

bin fishin lots

Hahahahaha that was a huge otter. I was fishin across from ya. I'd like to think that may have been a big bow but who knows eh chum. Lmfao

Wopfisher

Heading out to the Mack later today ill post results when I get back:D

Right on I was the guy there also asking about the otter too fishing just up from ya a little bit.