• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

Boat paint

gsambray

Anyone know of a good btand of paint for a fiberglass boat and how much would I need for a 16 foot closed bow. Im not painting the inside but decided that 16 different colors is getting old.

Squaretail

Go to superior coatings and they sell polyurethane paint great for boats as its water proof and flexible and is single stage and tough against scratches and also fair priced. Get a gallon. I've had many boats painted with this with great success.

Lyle Reiner

Brent. What if I wanted to reprint the inside of my aluminum boat? It's got that gray with flakes of something in it. Lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

eddylives

I would also be interested in aluminum paint , but for the exterior of the boat......do they have an anti-fouling paint for a boat that sits in the water most of the summer?

Might want to change colour too lol.....that original mirrocraft yellow is pretty bright haha.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Squaretail

When aluminum is painted the steps are vinyl prep or vinyl wash ex. Alumaprep then a good primer compatibable with the topcoat typically an epoxy primer then top coat and then anti fouling if you wish. Polyurethane is the most durable paint to use if the boat is staying wet all summer and still want a nice finish. A lot of boat makers use base clear but clear does not hold up to prolonged water usage that's why most aluminum boats finish gets tarnished after awhile. But it sure looks good new.

gsambray

Thanks for the advice. I went there and it was a lot cheaper than expected. 60 bucks for paint aint to shabby and if it stays warm my boat wont be too shabby either. Just gotta pick a color

gsambray

What kind of primer should i use. Ive been reading about an epoxy primer. I dont have use of a sparayer so both paint and primer will be rolled on. Is an epoxy primer nevessary and do i need to let it cure for seven days as i have read that online

Squaretail

As far as a primer for glass being rolled on I would ask what they recommend.