• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scanaego

Thought on my new set up

scanaego

Hey all new to these forums! I bought a brand new 2 stroke Mercury 15hp last yr thinking I wanted a great motor, no more grease on the water when I go fishing. I assumed I would find a good used 14 deep and wide fairly cheap. What a dummy, I have not been able to as every boat I like has a motor with it and dropping another $4500 is not what I had planned for a used rig. Anyway I have decided to treat myself and I decided after much research to buy a Alumacraft v14 15inch transom with floor. Weight should be about 300-310 lbs total. Just wanted others thought on whether this should be a good set up. I will use on smaller lakes but also lakes such as Lac Des Mille Lacs. I have attached a pic of the rig I plan on purchasing.

Alumacraft14.jpg

Lyle Reiner

Looks like it will get the job done no problem.

I've caught many a fish out of a 14' with a 15 on the back! You'll love it

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Throw a piece of plywood over bow. And you got a casting platformw with storage. Perfect setup

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Squaretail

I had a ssv Lund 16 with a drop in floor with a 15 merc and was my favorite rig ever. Did 24 mph with two people and it burnt next to nothing on gas.

Squaretail

Both the Lund and alumacraft are nice boats. Just don't go welded or you defienetly need more hp to push the heavier boat.

scanaego

I`m pumped, so excited! I have never had a nice new rig. Planning on some add-ons such as a removable bow floor across the two front seats, maybe a live well. Any good websites you know of for ideas on this besides advice I can get here.

Monks

Congrats! My favorite boat was a 14 ft Naden with a 15 hp Mariner. Learned most of lake of the woods with it. Built my own livewell in it, built a casting deck. As for advice just check out other fishing forums, lots of good ideas out there. Looks like you could drop in a casting deck pretty easy in your boat. As for a livewell, a cooler and a pump is all you need. transports easily in and out of the boat when you want it.

Lyle Reiner

Tinboats.com I believe has some good ideas

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

scanaego

Thank you, I will likely throw up some pics as I get some goodies done to it. I will take my time to do some testing to see how she rides before and mods.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I threw a little casting platform in my boat. As well as carpeted wooden floors and seats. And added a few storage areas.

post-374-0-84618400-1368450949_thumb.jpg

post-374-0-42002400-1368451011_thumb.jpg