• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Reiner

Boat leak detection

Lyle Reiner

Taken my boat out a couple times this year. And I keep taking on water. Not a lot but not only a little bit either.

I have a bilge so it's really not a huge issue but not something I want to be dealing with all the time. I have noticed that I take on alot more when just sitting at shore then when I'm trolling around or running at plane.

I plugged my live well drain and filled my livewell. It didn't drain into my transom. I put the plug in and filled the transom to the level I'd noticed it at before. And it didn't drain down nor did it leak anywhere around the rivets.

I'm confused. Lol. Should I fill it with quite a bit of water (ie just let it fill until it leaks)?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

naden

Did you just fill the boat with water in the transom area because thats where the water was pooling? Ive had luck putting the boat on the trailer and connect it to your tow vehicle then fill the boat with water till it leaks. It might take a fair bit of head pressure before it leaks. When your boat is sitting in the water with you, gear etc there is quite a bit of pressure pushing against the boat so you may not notice the leak untill you have a considerable amount of water in the boat. When your done and you pull the plug to drain it put a pail or a board under the stream of water to break up the stream, otherwise you'll end up with a hole in your pavement like I did.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

cover it in fiberglass . problem solved

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President