• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

optimax trouble shooting

Jayfishin

My optimax 150 is a bit sluggish out of the hole and I don't have the top end speed now. Starts fine. Sounds ok. Top RPM is only 4400 now.

I am thinking a fouled plug? I have ordered a new set from states. I also going to remove fuel filter and replace as well. Any other suggestions?

Jay

GC 54

water? you should have a drain under the cowling, check it out, you tube should have a vid on it, hope that helps

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Trevor Zimak

What year is the engine? If you are only pulling 4400rpm, it could be possible that you have lost a coil. The engine will start fine, and would be sluggish out of the hole because of this. You may also have a fuel deliever issue as well.

- Zimmer

Jayfishin

Thx. Will try replacing fuel filter and plugs this week and see what happens. I also noticed yesterday that I forgot to replace water connection plug from last fall when I was winterizing unit. Wonder if that could cause issues?

Jay

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

ya testing coils may be as easy as unplgging them 1 at a time, if one coil has no effect on running try swapping it with others to see if it follows or if it is limited or that cylinder. if it follows coil bad , if it doesn't follow or unplugging test fails then fuel ,computer or mechanical issue.

i know on my ultra reliable 200 efi :D merc having flush port open will kill water pressure as it will just piss out there , probably causing an overheat issue. optimax should have an overheat or low water pres alarm that will put in limp mode , but i think that would be immediately noticeable, so maybe your flush port is plumbed different??

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Jayfishin

Fuel filter was nasty inside. Changed it out today. Have to do a test run before Saturday AYA. thats nit the problem, then plugs will hopefully be at Rydens friday.

Jay