• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eddylives

How to stop the bounce lol

eddylives

I have the old 25 Johnson running good on a 14 foot deep n wide and its fine when I have a passenger , runs flat on plane.......running alone is another story.....it starts the bounce and even on flat water it must look like I am running through bigger waves....porpoising at top speed of about 35 km/hr....is there anything I can try to stop this?.....I moved the motor from tight to the transom out a notch and it made it worse.......more weight in the front?......I have a cruise a day and deep cycle battery I can move up one more seat.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

porpoising is over trim usually, does it have a plastic fin ? if so remove it..

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

eddylives

The 25 I put on is totally stock with no add ons

With the motor dropped to the tightest position it happens when I am alone at speed

When I moved it one position away from the transom it was noticeably worse right away

I am unsure of how to correct this issue right now

Adrian

The problem is common with that boat and motor combination. The motor cannot be trimmed down enough with no weight in the front. Moving the tank and battery forward will help. Try moving one at a time to see the minumum you need to move. It will not really effect the performance when you have a passanger. i have the same issue with my 25 merc and S14 Lund. The tank in front of the middle seat fixes it just nicely. Beware though.that the issue will come back as you use the fuel out of the tank. You can also try move the battery, but this will mean longer battery cables, and I am not a fan of that, but if that is the only choice..........

pastor norm

yup... trimming problem. Lifting the bottom end up a notch would make the "porpoising" worse. There are aftermarket fixes but I haven't tried them. Anything that is supposed to get you "out of the hole" quicker will also fix your problem, I believe.

naden

Cement poured in a kitty litter pail or 5 gal pail with a peice of rebar or bent round stock for a handle......wont bang up your boat and can be easily moved around

eddylives

Hmmm......

Bucket of cement and fishing with the wife.....

That will raise some eyebrows lmao

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
:smiley-laughing025: :smiley-laughing025:

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

fishingfinn

A few years ago I bought a used 14 ft crestliner with a 25hp Evinrude. The previous owner had installed one of the Stringray hydrofoils. There was absolutely no porpoising and a super smooth ride, even when by myself.

Check out

/>http://www.cabelas.com/product/StingRay8482-Speed-XPI-Junior-Hydrofoil-Stabilizer/736992.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dstingray%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=stingray&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

eddylives

I was going to have a look at those in the near future and possibly try to find a used one to try