• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Fisherman's park

Bobber Down

This morning at 7am (still dark) I was slip bobber drifting a Lindy 1/32 jig bug tipped with a small minnow off the first dock and caught a 12in Pink. Must have been the flash from the spinner blade that attracted it. I'm still targeting Walleye. Only got the one hit. Switched to leeches and still no Walleye bites. The duck however that seems to make the mouth his feeding ground caught 5 that I saw. They got the Pinks sideways under the water and while on the surface the fish were thrashing around a lot. Most got away. Only saw the duck swallow one. It was about 12 to 13 inches long I'm sure. Amazing to watch. An Eagle flew over very low looking for fish as well. Quite the spot.

post-1835-0-05649900-1379254298_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Weekend coaster

That's strange that there were pinks in there today because I didn't see any yesterday maybe they just moved in recently

spindilla1

I have a weird feeling with the night temps they move in and take off slightly deeper as the day progresses.

If you look closely at the tiny pools before the rapids you can see fish in those pools and might even see fish moving during the daytime hours.

When I was there I saw few battling the rapids to go upstream. Not 100% sure if at the base of the rapids those are suckers or pinks.

I have bad eyes and I wasn't wearing my glasses. Someone might be able to confirm that.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I seen quite a few yesterday. There was one I was able to pick one up if I wanted too. There will be pinks in the river until the last one dies. They hide well.

I seen quite a few yesterday. There was one I was able to pick one up if I wanted too. Didn't get any to bite, only a smallie and a rainbow.

Weekend coaster

Where were you fishing yesterday because I was fishing the concrete wall and the dock/pier and didn't see any

I was also fishing along the wall, and up further. A few scurried past me near shore. And I seen a few going up the falls. Not tons. Might have seen 10. Also seen maybe 5 surface in that big whirl pool at the base of the falls.

Guest Rob

I also fished the concrete wall yesterday with no success. There was a guy on a fly and a ninja across from me but neither was having any luck... ?

Weekend coaster

I'm thinking I'm gonna go check later on this week or weekend and I'm thinking the river should lower in water and the pinks will be in thick soon

Bullshark

I also fished the concrete wall yesterday with no success. There was a guy on a fly and a ninja across from me but neither was having any luck... ?

HAHA ninja, was the ninja wearing a blue mask over his face? No, I didn't catch any yesterday for some reason. Killed them Friday and Thursday but I probably won't go back cause I got my females for the year.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Bobber Down

No hits this morning and no others fishing. Water is still higher than normal. Seems like various individuals or groups have found their way to Fisherman's Park and are leaving their mark in an around the area. Total case of "spare the rod". Perhaps the city should build a 100 yard concrete wall so these vandals have a "safe" place to display their views.

post-1835-0-77855600-1380577418_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-94374600-1380577484_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-48446200-1380577517_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-98087400-1380577555_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Guest avis

Caught a nice sized pike last night using an x-rap.

Also caught what I believe was a coho (black tongue, silver body). It was only about 12 inches. Surprised to catch a salmon with that monster lurking around.

1381290_10151884522855709_1051057725_n.jpg

brookiebuster

Nice!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest avis

That would be a pink salmon most likely.

No hump on the back and didn't have that greenish colour.

Fish species confuse me. haha. I should of snapped a pic.

Pinks don't have a hump when they first enter and only the males form large ones, and a pink can be as chrome as a brand new quarter. The green ones have already turned color, chrome pinks is where it's at. They go from chrome to green to black to dead.

Also, nice pike they seem to be fewer and farther between this year, where as most years prior to this they were one of my more caught species there.