• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Fisherman's park

Weekend coaster

Yah floats with leeches is usually the Walleye set up that seems to work well down there, and for Bass. No reason why that wouldnt work for the salmon as well. But salmon being salmon will go for something moving a bit faster, especially when they are staging around the mouth area.

Last fall i was using minnows on a jighead and I caught salmon with that too

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Great night tonight. Landed about 10 small walleye, lost a big one, and got about 5 decent bass. Here's a few pics.

post-374-0-55435500-1375576442_thumb.jpg

post-374-0-85134400-1375576490_thumb.jpg

Weekend coaster

Nice walleyes I assume the people that were fishing there today were fishing for walleye

I was taking a break when I posted. Also add 3 perch a rock bass and a few more walleye. Must have caught at least 20 fish tonight already.

shmanks

going to have to give it a try again tomorrow this time with some worms instead...went and tossed a line in the CR before i checked my trap and had one taker but couldn't land em :(

Guest Rob

Ya i saw u landing fish over there!

I only managed to lose a couple lures tonight.

I going to try jig heads and worms next time.

I take it you were the fella casting spoons off the concrete wall across from me. I was really surprised when I started hooking fish after fish. 5 different species tonight. Walleye, smallmouth, rock bass, perch, and pike.

Guest Rob

That was me! I was trying for pike but no luck. Good to know that there is something in there. I'll just have to change it up and use something that attracts multiple species.

You can drive there. That's where I parked. If you have waders you can also cross on the other side and fish the channel that cuts the island in half.

Guest Rob

Thanks for the info. I will check it out next time i'm out.

Maybe i'll try a bubble float and turn my spinner into a fly rod?!

No problem dude. All my fish were caught on various nymphs. You could fish the same way with your spinning setup. Just bounce it along bottom.

kbrest

Looks like we were all down there lol. I pretty much stuck to the boat launch dock, moved to the fenced one for a bit then moved back. The pinks have started to move in early and were surfacing quite a bit last night out a bit farther. None caught though, tried spinners, spoons etc.

Well, give it a bit and the pinks should be in thick...as much as I don't want it I'm sure a good rain will bring them in. Haha.

Weekend coaster

How long would it be before they reach the falls

If they are already at the mouth they could realistically be at the falls today, tomorrow, anytime soon. A good rain can help move them in. If you can see them surfacing around the mouth than its anytime now...can't wait haha.

Weekend coaster

Anybody see any pinks up close or take a photo yet

kbrest

No photo, but when seeing them jumping last night most were coming all the way out of the water, and some were really close. All were confirmed Pinks.

Weekend coaster

Isn't the water a little fast for spinners by the falls

The water isn't any higher or faster than normal. In fact it's a tiny bit lower than normal. Usually I have more trouble wading across it but last night It was super easy.

Either way. Your best bet is to get them before they get into the river. The pinks fall apart really fast.

Weekend coaster

Yeah I noticed they're meat tasted better when they were lighter coloured and mushy when they were dark

It will continue to drop even more but right now it's all fishable. I was catching fish all night last night at the base of the falls.