• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Fisherman's park

AmateurHourAngling

How far down should I fish my bobber?

-JADEN

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Also where do you plan to fish from? Depths vary greatly throughout the river and mouth.

Weekend coaster

Are the salmon running yet I'm itching to get out lol

Lyle Reiner

weekend. I think even with the way this year is going we're a couple weeks out yet

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

kbrest

I would use a bobber of the dock or rocks at the mouth cast up into the end of the current and let it go out, the depth changes pretty quick at the mouth there though. Could also use bobber and short lead to your hook in the pooled area up at the bottom of the rapids, but you will be reeling in and casting a lot with the faster current so no point. A good idea actually, would be to go to the dock at the very end at the boat launch, cast your bobber out far with a long lead so its maybe 1-2 feet off bottom and let that drift out as far as it can go, might nail a pink as they move in more. You will definitely see the pinks jumping out a little farther. Not running into the river yet, but have moved into within the break wall area and are staging. I had my doubts until I seen a bunch of them jumping or porpoising like they do and got full view confirming pink salmon. If you have a kayak or somethign and can paddle out to the big sandbar out there, cast spoons and what not would be a good option too

Weekend coaster

They will probably run the river by the end of August /beginning of September hopefully the snaggers won't be there this year like last year

Bobber Down

Ya, I saw some snaggers along the concrete wall last year. A dad with 3 kids using all kinds of treble hook lures. Walked up tothem and chatted for a good half hour watching the salmon. They never snagged another while I was there so they left. Nota good way to start teaching your kids to fish, thats forsure.

They will probably run the river by the end of August /beginning of September hopefully the snaggers won't be there this year like last year

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

kbrest

last year I also watched a CO walk over and watch a couple Loogan A-holes snagging the salmon and throwing in a bucket from that wall. They didnt even notice him and he basically witnessed them do it twice and then walked over and issued a fine to both of them...something else happened with those guys too as another CO showed up but I was driving away happily by then....seemed like no license either. When the pinks run, a lot of them actually end up spawning right in that pool at the base of the falls int he nice gravel area, I stopped fishing for them in that spot because of this.

Weekend coaster

The males fight more than the females do last year i remember seeing one male with a bunch of different colored lures stuck to its back and dorsal fins

AmateurHourAngling

How deep does It get off the docks there

-JADEN

I tried everywhere tonight for a couple hours and only got 3 walleye and a little rainbow. Couldn't even see the pinks jumping tonight. I counted 9 people fishing on and around docks. Didn't see any fish caught. Did discover there is about 5 wild cats living on the island. I was walking through tall grass and almost stepped on one, it hissed, I nearly crapped myself. Haha. Slow fishing but still awesome to get out.

kbrest

Slow night eh, I didnt make it down either. Doing some Bass fishing on the fly this weekend at Whitesand Lake though.

Weekend coaster

Has Anybody tried the mackenzie river yet or seen any staging fish by the mouth

Guest Rob

Spent a couple hours at the docks last night. Saw some surfacing fish. Tried casting some small and med sized spoons. Was able to cast out far enough but just barely. No luck though. Going to try for pike on the other side of the river tonight. Maybe look for the surfacing fish again around dusk!

Guest Rob

Well no pike but a nice smallie and and a little walleye. I saw a guy land 3 decent bass off the concrete wall. Talked to another guy who saw someone pull a 4 pound pike off the deepest dock!

Bobber Down

Saw Willy, the elderly chinese man who always fishes off the dock closest to the rapids, catch a solid 20 inch Walleye yesterday at 5:30pm. He said he caught and released 3 smaller ones earlier. Didn't see any other fish caught, jumping or surfacing. The Walleye are definately cruising in there. Just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Weekend coaster

Have the salmon moved in yet

Nope. I was there today. None jumping. Only got a couple smallmouth and one walleye.

AmateurHourAngling

It was nice to meet still-learning there today..even though the fish weren't biting it was nice to talk to someone

-JADEN

I was down there today and no fish. Still don't see any surfacing, but did manage to catch a little snapping turtle. Was pretty cool to see.

kbrest

I saw one of those down there the last time I was there lol. Heading there tomorrow morning though to giver a try.

Bobber Down

Managed to get two nice Walleye off the docks today. Both drifting a slip bobber over a leech. This afternoon a 25 incher and this evening a 24 incher. Was talking with a fellow from the Northwood area this evening who asked what I was fishing for. He had no idea you could catch Walleye there. A few drifts later down goes the bobber. His eyes sure lit up when he saw it. Perfect timing!! Clued him in on this site and some of the nice fish caught at the cr this year. Saw a couple of fish jumping in the calmer water and someone, maybe somone from this site who was fly fishing up near the rapids/slide. Don't know if he caught.