• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Swing out magazine

Spectre

I recently purchased a new semi-auto rifle where the magazine is attached to a swing out panel, (Browning BAR 30-06). I was wondering about when I am hunting from a vehicle is it ok to have the magazine loaded on the swing out panel with the panel open(not in gun, but still attached by hinge), or does the magazine loaded have to be separated completely from the gun while in a vehicle.

Thanks

Guest MNR

Under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act (FWCA), a firearm is considered loaded if,

(a) in the case of a firearm that uses shells or cartridges, there is an unfired shell or cartridge in the chamber or in a magazine attached to the firearm.

In the description of this firearm, it would be considered "loaded" if there were live rounds in the magazine while attached by a hinge.

Under the FWCA, it is illegal to

a) have a loaded firearm in or on a motorized vehicle.

B) shoot from a motorized vehicle

c) have a loaded firearm in the right of way in certain areas of the province.

e) have a loaded and unencased firearm 1/2 hr after sunset to 1/2 hr before sunrise.