• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest (Banned)walter

Is it Legal for a pro to trap bait from a stocked lake ?

Guest (Banned)walter

I was wondering if it is legal for a professional bait trapper to place dozens of leech and minnow traps on a tiny (less than sq 1km surface area) stocked lake that I believe was once an experimental lake. Whoever it is/was placed probable a 100 traps all up the northern shoreline of Tuesday lake making it almost impossible to fish well at the same time without doubt severely damaging the fishery. As this lake is stocked yearly by the Ministry with tiny speckled trout fry. Keep in mind this was last year and I haven't gone back since because we didn't get so much as a nibble, but this was at one time one of my favorite lakes as I remember a ministry biologist turned me onto it when I ran into him well prospecting in the area and I remember waiting for this lake to become open to the public for fishing and to have it just destroyed for bait is maddening especially when it is not necessary what so ever because there are millions of places to trap bait up the Spruce river road and area.

Any response to this would be greatly appreciated and maybe this man is well within his rights to do this but I will tell that is not appreciated and if I know who was responsible I would boycott for life

Thank You Sincerely for your time

• Like 1