• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

moose tag

gsambray

I understand that you need an archery adult tag for archery season. And u can hunt calf in archery season if no adult tag for any season. I also believe that if your adult tag in archery season is not filled it can be used on acalf in gun season. Know if say i had a bull tag in wmu 13 for gun season can i legaly take that bull during gun season with my bow or is it strictly gun only

Guest MNR

The seasons for moose in Ontario are broken into 3 broad categories and depend on the type of equipment to be used. There are seasons and areas (Wildlife Management Units) where only bows can be used, seasons and areas where bows and muzzle-loading guns can be used and seasons and areas where rifles, shotguns, bows and muzzle loaders can be used. The archery season in WMU 13 where only bows can be used runs a full 3 weeks before the gun season begins. Gun season (rifles, shotguns, bows and muzzle loaders) in WMU 13 begins on the Saturday closest to October 8th in any given year.

To be able to hunt an adult in the archery season, you must apply in the draw for either a bull or cow in a specific Wildlife Management Unit and receive an adult tag. You can apply either in a group or as an individual. The same principle applies for the gun season.

If you are unsuccesful in the draw or don't apply in the draw for an adult tag, your moose licence is valid for calf only.

Your adult tag is valid only for the season to which you applied. If you received an adult tag for WMU 13 in the gun season, you may hunt in the archery season (either with a party or as an individual) but your game seal is valid only for a calf. Only in the gun season is it valid for the adult specified on the game seal.

Conversely if you received an adult game seal for the archery season, but were not successful in harvesting an animal, you may continue to hunt by yourself in the gun season and you may continue to use archery equipment but the game seal is only vaild for calf.

If youv'e used your game seal, you may continue to hunt if you follow the "party hunting" rules.