• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest avis

Pinks

Guest avis

Has anyone seen any pinks in the rivers? I think it was last year around this time I did really well at Mackenzie.

Might check it out tonight.

Bobber Down

Thanks avis. Let the members know what you find out.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

brookiebuster

No pinks yet. This year has been weird. I'm thinking another week or so and they should be in there. Who knows..

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

walleyewarrior

Went to the CR today. Not a salmon in sight. Thought maybe with all the rain they might have pushed in.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

They were very cautious when following my fly. I must have seen 10 jump within 10 feet of me. They got more active as the evening started to roll around. I lost the one I hooked after a short fight and it snapped my tippet, about 14 inches long.

Weekend coaster

How was the water levels at current river where were they at the piers or up the river thanks

Water levels are rather high, no evidence at mouth but some have moved up the river. Still silver. Some jumping around the concrete wall.

Weekend coaster

Is the water slow or fast in current

Guest Rob

I just spent an hour or so down by the concrete wall. I thought i saw a few jumping but the light was fading. I think i was a little late tonight. Anything else besides really small little cleos for a spin rod?

Weekend coaster

Maybe try small mepps spinners

I'd suggest spinner or even small pink worms. Fish eggs, flies under a float.

CP150

i was just down at the mouth of the CR got one pink my first one ever haha. another guy up a bit from where i was was catching them left right and center

Cody P.

brookiebuster

Seen someone last year nailing them with small minnows under a float with a centre pin. A spinning rod would work aswell.

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

spindilla1

CP all the way baby

kbrest

Yup saw a few jumping around last night and had a couple bumps, was drifting egg patterns as well. Was hoping flybum and FWF would nail a few after I left, almost!

Weekend coaster

Has anyone seen the falls I was wondering how it looks was the water really fast coming down into the pool

I may just be able to scrounge up an hour this evening for a quick fish, not a lot of time...but maybe Lady Luck will be on my side.

kbrest

Weekend Coaster:

The water is a littler higher than usual for this time of year, and a little fast but 100% fishable. The water at the base of the pool is coming in fast lots of white water at the end of the falls. But we have all been down there fishing and its fine and safe. I even waded out to the edge of the rocks on the otherside across from the wall and I was fine. Head down and get a line wet while the fishins good lol

Weekend coaster

Is the water too fast to throw a small unweighted spinner or jig a jig head

I think you should just go check it out. You seem interested enough, go wet a line it's the only way to really find out. Bring an assortment of tackle and find out what works. Good luck dude, let us know how you do.

kbrest

Yah I dont mean to come off as rude, but just head down and go fishing. Thats what we have been doing almost everyday. I am sure you will nail a fish or two if you try different things and find out what works.

spindilla1

He's waiting for Saturday according to his name.

Lures I suggest for the cr are

Small jigs so that they are bouncing, not dragging the bottom.

Small plastics, worms, minnows under a float

Small little Cleo's, avoid anything over an inch and a half.

Flies under a float (nymphs, egg flies)

Tiny pink marabou jigs.

Small spinner is the slower slack water.

Pink is a good color for them, coincidentally.

You can fish all these on spinning gear.

I'm sure there are more methods but I have used most of these in the past myself, these methods can reduce accidental snagging, and nobody likes to see that. Stay away from large spoons.