• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest avis

Pinks

Some Old Guy

Isn't this an off year for pinks? I was reminded that they are an even year fish here. Meaning the majority make the runs in even numbered years. 2013 is off year. 2014 will be the major run. Is that correct?

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Foozer

These little guys actually start to lose their stomachs as they get ready to spawn. It makes room for the eggs or milt. Preparing to spawn, and without a stomach, they will lose their instinct to hit lures, or food sources, fairly quickly.

So..... get out and go fishing. I will be.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

kbrest

Yah last year they hit on the smallest little Cleo's, but definitely reluctant and not regularly hitting. I also hit them on spinners and worms last year too. They do hit, but just because you can see a school of 50 swimming around does not mean your going to nail them lol. Im just hoping that the fly patterns (nymphs and eggs) drifting past them will be a good bet this year.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Isn't this an off year for pinks? I was reminded that they are an even year fish here. Meaning the majority make the runs in even numbered years. 2013 is off year. 2014 will be the major run. Is that correct?

I have also heard this. It seems to be every year in the current river. There was a strong run last year and this one is starting off well also. Maybe size of the run differs but there are so many coming in that to us fisherman we don't notice? I really don't know. Haha.

Guest cmcrawfo

I have also heard this. It seems to be every year in the current river. There was a strong run last year and this one is starting off well also. Maybe size of the run differs but there are so many coming in that to us fisherman we don't notice? I really don't know. Haha.

I recently read that their numbers are increased in odd numbered years, the article stated that this was due to their 2 year life cycle. However, I found a research paper, that studied scales and they concluded that many of the fish actually have three year life cycles. ...either way, it sounds like its going to be a good year, no matter how you calculate it.

Thanks for the info everyone. I have been putting some time in along the north shore and have yet to see any pinks. Mind you, I am not at the mouth, rather a few Km in..... After reading all your posts, my spirit is re-energized, and I will be hitting one of my favorite spots this evening. Tight Lines.

brookiebuster

I've done really good on 1/8th ounce blue/silver or green/silver little cleos. Just cast into the current and let it sit. Usually nail them when doing this.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

flybum

Go and fish and see... There are a few people on here who give all the info, thunder bay isn't a big place, take 15 mins out and wet a line. Just like shmanks, you might get something.

brookiebuster

I've caught them at all times of the day. Like flybum said go get em'!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Great to hear everyone is doing so well. I'm gonna be down there tomorrow, ill be the guy in green waders fishing the fly, say hi and introduce yourself. Take care all, good luck.

spindilla1

I didn't get any pinks, I don't know why.

I did get 4 steelhead though.

spindilla1

One was close to about 6 the others were about 1-2lbs range.

spindilla1

1 looked like a young of the year fish.

spindilla1

I also lost nice sized steelhead too, maybe packing 10 that I lost due to lack of consideration from a fellow angler.

spindilla1

If that person is on here he knows exactly who I am.......When steelhead run they run, I rarely drink and I actually went to a bar tonight because I think that pissed me off that much!!! That bytch turned and I seen chrome for at least 3 ft........

Dude's literally watching the fish wrap around his 20lb test that he has snagged on a rock with an over sized spoon that he's fishing in like 4 fow.........like wtf

fisherdude

Get used to it if your fishing at current river....

kbrest

Great to hear everyone is doing so well. I'm gonna be down there tomorrow, ill be the guy in green waders fishing the fly, say hi and introduce yourself. Take care all, good luck.

I will also be going tomorrow. I will be the one in the brown waders fishing the fly hopefully catching more fish then the guy with the green waders lol.

• Like 1

flybum

I went this morning for a bit... Got covered in disgusting foam... Didn't get anything. Heading out east right now with the wife to see the rivers out that way.

Weekend coaster

I just got back from current river and I fished from 8:30 to 1:30 did not see or catch any pinks lost something big that I think was a steelhead