• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Fly fishing for pinks

Pinks have moved into the Current River. Me flybum and kbrest were down there today. Seen a couple jumping and I hooked and lost one. As the air cooled and the evening began to set in they began jumping more. I seen other fish follow my fly up to the surface, and turn back, some nice ones too. They were curious but didn't want to take.

brookiebuster

Good to hear. Now only if I can get some time off!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

This is the fly I got it on and had the follows with. Nothing fancy, easy to tie, they seemed to like it, or the very least made them curious

post-374-0-34512500-1379036948_thumb.jpg

flybum

Annnnnd.... Tying as we speak... ;-)

maybe we should get a fly swap going? What are the thoughts on that?

I like the idea, but I don't trust my skills yet haha. I think I need more time to become more consistent with my tying.

Bobber Down

On my way to work I decided to check the water level/flow at the mouth of the CR and saw these fellows doing their thing.

post-1835-0-64633200-1379063618_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

TroutHunter

shouldn't be too much longer!

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

hookset

I was like, What, pinks in the current. Then I realized this was a post from last year. Had to go anyway. Hooked into a smallmouth. Last week I caught my first walleye out of the current on the fly. Sorry for the sorta thread hyjack.

post-1600-0-69420400-1409794057_thumb.jp

That rivers full of fish, I get a couple walleye and bass each time I go. Success has gone up huge since I started fly fishing there.

hookset

Same here. I haven't gone and not caught a fish so far this year. Still looking for a nice size walleye.

I've only got one 7 lber up from the mouth, right below the falls. A few bigger ones right at the mouth. Not on the fly though.

Weekend coaster

Any updates on the salmon