• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Zackcorbin1401

Minors license regulations

Zackcorbin1401

I am 15 years old and I just got my minors. Can you hunt alone and If so what do you need and when can you do this?

Guest MNR

Once a person 12 -14 years of age has completed the hunter safety and firearms safety courses and obtained an apprentice hunters card, they can accompany a licensed hunter and share a single firearm. They are allowed to shoot the firearm and any game they harvest becomes part of the your licensed adult’s bag limit. They don’t need any other authorizations.

When an apprentice turns 15, they are allowed (with signed parental permission) to get a regular outdoors card. Then they can enter the moose draw, buy their own licence and take their own limit. At this time they can carry their own firearm if they acquire a minor’s permit to carry available from the Federal Firearms Registrar. They are required to be under the direct supervision of a licensed adult. Under direct supervision means that the adult can see what the minor is doing and correct any actions. At age 16, (after one years experience) an adult can apply to the firearms office to have this condition removed.

Without a minor’s licence, the minor may still use firearms of any class, providing they are under the direct and immediate supervision of someone who is licensed to possess that class of firearm. This generally means that the licensed person must be close enough to them to take immediate action to prevent any unsafe or illegal use of the firearm.