• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Foz

Carrying shotgun after sunset

Foz

My dad and I went exploring with our truck and quad to look for some lakes. He is a licensed hunter and was going to bring his gun in case he saw any grouse. He decided not to bring the gun on the quad as he thought we may be returning to the truck after sundown. If he stopped hunting before sundown (is it a half hour before sundown?), and was just driving back to the truck in the dark with the gun in the holder on the quad with no intention of using it in the dark could he still be fined. I reasoned that he wouldn't be fined as there wouldn't be intent to hunt after dark but I guess he wouldn't be able to prove when grouse were shot if he had any in his possession.

Guest MNR

Under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, a person shall not, during the period from half an hour after sunset to half an hour before sunrise,

a) hunt wildlife

B) have a firearm in the person’s possession in an area usually inhabited by wildlife, unless the firearm is unloaded and encased; or

© shine a light for the purpose of hunting wildlife

encased means closed in on 6 sides. If you had a firearm in closed case on a quad shortly after dark, the gun was unloaded and you were returning to your truck, there wouldn't be an issue.