• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

gsambray

deer hunting success

gsambray

How has everyone been doing? I got a small doe earlier this season and now waiting for the rut to get going. Been out the past few days and no response to calling or rattles. I think its still too warm. Imo we need some cold weather and snow.

MDR

I was out for a quick morning hunt yesterday, saw two way out of range and a doe in range but knew there were hunters in that direction so that deer got to walk. As for calls and rattling, nothing seems interested just yet.

brookiebuster

I got a small buck thanksgiving weekend.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

gsambray

Hope they get excited soon ive got my buck tag and one more antlerless tag to fill.

fishingfinn

I spent pretty much all day Saturday in the stand, I tried some rattling and calls, nothing came in. However, I did find a nice fresh scrape line about 150 yds from my stand. I took a drive down to Grand Marais today and the bucks were running around down there

RLK

I hunted Fri. Sat. and Sun. mornings with little success. We seen a couple and heard a few but nothing came to the calls. I grunted,bleated, rattled. farted and did the gig but nothing came in. Even the trail cameras didn't have much action.

Guest Wes

busted by two today, First one I was able to call back but no clear shot. He had a buddy circle around back of me, which was down wind, and POOF he was gone. I came back an hour later and may have been busted by the same deer. Again buggered off without giving me a clear shot. This was deep under cover of the forest. Would have been a friggen nightmare getting them out.

I have yet to see an animal out in the open during shoot time this season.

Wes

wampa

I've shot two does already this season. Will be heading out this weekend in hopes that the big buck I've been seeing on my trailcam is out and about with other things on his mind.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Guest scavs

We have also harvested a doe. I also believe it is still too warm. Mr. Buck who visits my site hasn't shown up in anything warmer than -6

He's haunting my dreams,

post-2176-0-49518500-1383591972_thumb.jp

milspec

Took my fiance out last weekend for her first deer hunt. Seen 2 before legal hours but that was it. Tried a doe bleat caller, no luck. Last week, a 6 pointer ran out in front of my Jeep when I was driving home, he didn't give a rats rear end that I was there, he was too busy sniffing around, doing cirlces on the road then taking off into the bush.

nwodeerhunter

Well opening weekend came and went in the Dryden area and my season lasted all of 2.5 hours. I had been getting consistent pictures of a doe and fawn on my trail cam along with a small spiker and a nice 8 pointer. They had been regularly walking through the area I had my blind set up at about 10:00-10:30am. So I was up early on Saturday morning and headed out, I got to my blind right at legal and started the waiting game (mostly playing crib on my phone). Then like clockwork (9:56am), the doe and fawn showed up for a visit, walking by less than 10 yards from my blind! (First Picture) About 15 or so minutes later the spiker came out to graze a little in the field. He kept looking backwards from where he came for several minutes. He would put his head down then up it came because he could hear something, at that point I reached for my rifle (Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate in .243 with 95gr. Winchester XP3) the next thing you know out walks the 8 pointer. He pushed the spiker out of the way and presented a nice broadside shot from about 65 yards away, I took the opportunity and made a great shot. He ran about 10-15 yards, did a front flip and laid to rest there. It was an AWESOME morning and quick deer season. I just need to find a calf out there!

Marc

post-1551-0-29662300-1383601230_thumb.jp

post-1551-0-40914600-1383601280_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

gsambray

So there are bucks out there lol congrats everyone who had some luck so far.

Guest mucky

Went out again today. I walked trails today for a few hours and counted I would say between 20-30 scrapes but only on rub line which was there last week. I don't think they are in full on rut quite yet but still in pre-rut.

I got down wind of a spiker buck today while walking the trail. Was able to get withing 25 yards to it. I have him a few grunts to see what he would do, an although he was somewhat curious he definitely was not fully committed to coming to see what was going on.

Slick_Jig
post-609-0-58377900-1383793592_thumb.jpg

Gone Fishing

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

MDR

That is a beauty buck you have there Slick. Hopefully I have some luck this weekend.

Freud

Nice buck Slick! I'm seeing more movement now but it would help if there was a little snow to track them. Lots of scrapes and rubs...seems most movement is early morning after it starts to be light enough to shoot. I was lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to fill my buck tag early this year. Waiting for a nice dry doe to show me a good shot.

RLK

Great Buck Slick. I admire people who hunt big game with a bow. I am a gun hunter and i know the time, dedication and hard work it takes to harvest a big buck. Must be that much more difficult with a bow. Good on ya.

Guest Beamer

Harvested this guy September 8th and have been hunting for a big one ever since :)

img_47352_zps8645a97e.jpg

Holding out for this guy

WGI_0048_zpsee769cab.jpg

AB

Nice buck Slick! I'm seeing more movement now but it would help if there was a little snow to track them. Lots of scrapes and rubs...seems most movement is early morning after it starts to be light enough to shoot. I was lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to fill my buck tag early this year. Waiting for a nice dry doe to show me a good shot.

I had to hit the binders on the Harbour Expressway by the ball diamonds on Thursday (Nov 7) at 1pm for a nice 10pt as he headed for a class at the college. His head gear was full of junk. At first I thought he had just been beating trees but then noticed the 10 feet of clothesline trailing behind him. Must be some sort of deer bling for the rut.

As I headed out to my stand for the evening there was a spiker buck hanging with a doe at the Resolute mill. she was feeding in the field and he wasn't going to let her out of her sight for nothing. But you could tell by her body language that the only way that little fella was going to get a piece of her was if she was road kill. That was at 2:30pm.

Should be an interesting weekend. Good luck everyone!

iceman

milspec

I was out from sun up to sun down today. Didn't see a single deer. I'll Keep trying. 5 more weeks.

MDR

Got my very first deer today, came in to a grunt call after crossing the hydro lines 150 yards upwind. A big thanks to the guys with the quad who helped me for the last 100 yards of the solo 1.5k drag. I'm incredibly grateful for the help (and the celebratory beer afterward!)

ruxu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 1

gsambray

Congrats! Im hoping to post a pic of the buck im getting tomorrow