• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

Official 2013-14 Lac Ice Conditions Thread

Lyle Reiner

All posts regarding Lac Des Mille Lac ice conditions are to be posted here.

Nov 17.

none. not even for pretend.

lots of fat softwater walleye tho!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest nathan v

Heading to Sawmill Bay early Saturday morning to put new skis on the ice shack...will give update on what the bay is looking like.

Guest nathan v

Was at lac today...never ventured out as a local who lives on the lake said it just froze over the night prior.

Guest Big Fish

I was out at sawmill today.. I drilled a few holes at - 10, 20, and 50 ft from shore and found 6 in of ice in all of them and the temp was -18 without windchill..

Lyle Reiner

have been trying to get ahold of pp all week

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest Relic

Brother went out yesterday, he has a camp 1 km before pine point and drilled holes in ice a couple hundred feet from shore and found approx 10 inchs

Dale Gaudry

Drilled 25 holes 1 km North of Honkonens Narrows and found 8-9 inches of ice through out although 1 hole inexplicably only had only 4-5 inches.

Pro Staff for LOWRANCE

Domer

Was out at lac yesterday. Accessed through Gary's at sawmill bay. Ice conditions are great measuring eleven inches in most spots, BUT ice ridges are everywhere on the lake. They are not just straight across. They horseshoe in certain spots and are in some areas 2 feet or better. Caught some fish but couldn't get to my spots. Fished some new spots due to accesability with little to no luck. Gary will be our there this week knocking down some of ice ridges. There was 4 shacks at birch island and guys drove with their trucks to birch

Guest nathan v

Might be pulling to sand this weekend with tracked atv ( don't feel like being the fist guy to sink ! ) haha test holes along the way of course....did lac get the snow the outer edge of thunder bay got ?

fishingfinn

This is second hand information, but I heard that slush is bad already and people are unable to get shacks out.

Some Old Guy

Yes I can also confirm from the 3 phone calls I got. Slush built up after the last snow fall. Take caution and have studs/chains to haul out your shack.

I would think the slush should solidify with the cold temps.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Tj420

At coffin island right now. Lots of spots of slush maybe 3 inchs all down the lake one bad presure ridge at mckay , not really freezing at all. I dont think garys leting trucks on.

fishman1

Yes I can also confirm from the 3 phone calls I got. Slush built up after the last snow fall. Take caution and have studs/chains to haul out your shack.

I would think the slush should solidify with the cold temps.

Roger

never does rodger, the snow acts as insulation.

Some Old Guy

Darn. I never thought of the rest of the lake with its undisturbed white blanket of snow. I guess there isn't a road yet. Because if there was a road then just possibly........... Nahhhh ummm or would the slush freeze?

RoDger

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

was out yesterday. ,minus 35C. and lots of slush, we went on from pine point. thick slush in spots good snow cover , saw anywhere from 9 to as low a 7 inches of of clear ice in spot where there was a crust layer.

once you drill holes water comes up and stays. actually got stuck a few times with sled because of my huge sleigh.

id say no to anything on wheels , tracks only

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Some Old Guy

Just saying i thought a road was plowed. If there was slush on it, it would freeze. I assumed .......sawmill bay.

• Like 1

mikejson

Apparently Gary isn't letting anyone on the lake from his property.

Hopefully this -20 highs for the week will firm everything up for next weekend.

Lots of itchy people, but it's not worth losing a truck, over am I right??

Guest rddog758

Talked to Gary this evening and he said he still isnt advising anyone to drive out on the lake,he claims things are starting to tighten up a bit but it is still messy and there is some bad pressure ridges past Birch.