• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

Official 2013-14 Lac Ice Conditions Thread

Guest joshschill

We drove out to birch yesterday and towed our shacks out but without chains on the tires I dont think we would have made it too far. 13 inches of ice at birch...no fish! :(

Josh

Porkchop21

Anybody been out lately? More so to pine point? Wondering how the fishing has been and ice conditions. Tryin to get some guys together to go out Thursday!!!

Guest mooseguy

thinking of pulling the shack out this weekend, any info from gary about the road being open??

Guest Sterls

road is open just got back today from a few day trip..road is perfect nice and wide.. banks are about two and a half feet high..once you go through those there is slush in some places, some drifts not a whole lot of snow.. most people are using chains..i just went for it i didnt get stuck until i stopped where i wanted to be.. fishing was great!! goodluck

wampa

Anyone been out to pine point? Slush?

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

McGinnis_Fishing

Any word on how the fishing has been lately? Last i heard it was slow

Guest Sterls

i went from weds at 3pm til fri at 12pm caught around 60 walleye.. a few really good ones..maybe caught 5 in the dark so lots of action during the day..missed a bunch too.

wampa

Pine point conditions?

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Dale Gaudry

How much ice is there? December 26th

Pro Staff for LOWRANCE

fishpals

Is that to pull the shack on the lake, or to store it at Gary's?

AmateurHourAngling

With the weather what are the slush conditions

-JADEN

rehfin

ice road is good , but off the beaten path, it can get a little harry, some snow drifting and underneath slush pockets in areas. was out today got stuck with 4x4 many times!

RN54

road diverted in one area around big slush patch otherwise passable, saw a car on ice yesterday that made it out , if going go with 4x4 truck or snow-machine less headaches ,

mikejson

I was out yesterday. Gary plowed around a big slush hole between birch and sand. After sand there are about 3-4 smaller slush holes, banged up my truck bashing through it.

The car that was out there followed a plow truck to get out. Not sure how easy the ride was.

Going off the road is hit or miss with slush, big drifts, and the odd easily passable areas.

I'm pretty sure from hear on out, if you are going more than 100ft or so off the road, you'd best do it with tracks, or a plow.

Fishing was just average, between sand and coffin. The weather conditions sucked, wind was coming from the river end of the lake, and sideways snow all day yesterday.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

same seen by me. was out at archies shack friday night till saturday road was 2wd on drive in friday morn

on ride out 4x4 and lots of tire ruts and water and slush, veturing of the road not doable in my lifted truck with 33 inch mud tires. had to wait for new road plowed due to blow hole in ice. just a mess. getting off lake at landing was rough too.

trucks stuck shacks stuck sleds stuck

fishing okay but i was with kids they lost more fish than i can count.

i hope this gets better

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

wampa

16-18 inches of ice at Pine Point. Driving to the shacks at the point not a problem in the spots that have already been driven on. Some areas at the point (even between the shacks that are already out on the ice) have 6" or more of slush and deep snow drifts. Fishing was on the slow side and lost a number of fish from the holes filling up with snow one day or freezing over in about 2 seconds on the next. Still beats a day at work though!

McGinnis_Fishing

same seen by me. was out at archies shack friday night till saturday road was 2wd on drive in friday morn

on ride out 4x4 and lots of tire ruts and water and slush, veturing of the road not doable in my lifted truck with 33 inch mud tires. had to wait for new road plowed due to blow hole in ice. just a mess. getting off lake at landing was rough too.

trucks stuck shacks stuck sleds stuck

fishing okay but i was with kids they lost more fish than i can count.

i hope this gets better

Mud tires dont help in the snow/ice. They actualy make it worse.

Some Old Guy

Ahhh Ryan knows what he needs.

He was just saying, DUE to his large mud tires he had to wait till the road was plowed.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Lol

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President