• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

Official 2013-14 Lac Ice Conditions Thread

McGinnis_Fishing

My bad. I read that as the mud tires were going to give you an advantage!

mikejson

Anyone know how the road is fairing now that we got another dump of snow? More slush?

fisherdude

I was told its one lane n not to bother without tracks or a sled

hank

Going out Monday, Do we need a plow truck or will a quad with plow do the job? Just going past Birch.

wampa

Was out at Pine Point again this weekend. Gained about 6" of ice. Slush pretty much firmed up in most places. Lots of snow though, No problem with the Tundra, but I didn't venture past the shack. Frigging cold and the fishing was slow again.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Foozer

hey Wampa.

Was it a red Tundra?

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

SherpaJ

Has the slush solidified at all with this cold weather?

fishpals

Slush has tightened up where it has been exposed. Lots of slush hidden under the snow when you venture off the Plowed road, or packed trail.

wampa

hey Wampa.

Was it a red Tundra?

Nope, metallic grey.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Foozer

Nope, metallic grey.

OK then. Thanks

I was out the Friday and seen a red tundra that spent the day at the fifth or sixth shack to the left.

Fishing was slow and the wind chill was colder than -30. Snow blew in sideways all day.

We went stretches of 1.5 and 2.5 hours without any bites, but had a couple flurries of action where were able to land a few fish.

We drilled through about 20 inches of ice, and maybe better for a couple holes.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

spinnfly

I was fishing from the Red Tundra. Wow, what a cold day. Same results, a few flurries of fish and long stretches of nothing. We had been staying in a cabin at Pine Point since the previous day so we left early to get home in the daylight.

Porkchop21

Anybody been out the last few days at sawmill? Wanna head out Sunday, but don't know if I should just bring the truck and drive out of load the sled up. What kind of shape is the road in?

Jerr454

Road is good. New road plowed from mckay to sand point. Road good to coffin

Freud

We were past Sand Point on Jan 12. The road is a bit dicy from Sawmill to Sand Point but good after that. Some slush spots 50 feet or so long. It's narrow in spots too. Overall not bad. The fishing was slow...one wally and a small pike.

AmateurHourAngling

How's the road to sandpoint...heading out tommorow

-JADEN

Guest JFisher01

Road was pretty slushy this morning, trucks were stuck about 100ytds out and before sandpoint.

mikejson

The road is hit or miss... very sketchy going out with a truck. Last weekend we drove over the old road. Beginning of Jan there was a 300ft slush hole in Mackay bay that has since had 3 alternate routes plowed around it. All those 3 routes are brutal now, and the old road has a 16-20ft hole(half the width of a truck) that people were driving through to get in and out. It seemed ok... but still kinda sketchy.

They tried to plow another road around all those 4 lanes and ended up hitting an even bigger area of slush so they stopped. That road, the last 100ft or so was filled in with water in about 3-4 hours from when they decided to stop.

That was just the one spot that was a problem all year... Saturday morning there was a massive slush hole just off shore. When I got there, I went down and turned back while we waited to talk to Gary. There was a sled frozen in a block of slush right beside the road. Once Gary got up, told us "go slow", I was the second truck through... the 3rd truck got stuck, and someone else got stuck pulling him out... it was a mess... 12-16" of water with 2 inch thick broken ice across the top of it. Ice is solid underneath, but goin through that stuff is hard on the equipment.

The rest of the roads were pretty good... but man, it's hit or miss, and as Gary said, he plows a new road, and within that same day, it's got slush... not much he can do. He's definitely working for his money this year.

Fishing was ok... had to work for em, ended up jiggin to get some on the stringer

ribneck

Anyone been out to pine point lately how's the ice or should I say slush conditions ?

Foozer

I was out a couple weeks in a row. Last weekend there was plenty of ice; around two feet.

Slush was apparent but as long as you drive on what is already packed down there shouldn't be a problem driving by the shacks.

I wouldn't recommend driving out to the islands though.

mikejson

Has anyone been out sawmill in the last day or 2? Any reports on the road? Last week's road was pretty rough...

68camaro

Any updates regarding the ice road at Gary's?? Any info would be great. Thanks.

68camaro

Any updates regarding the ice road at Gary's?? Any info would be great. Thanks.