• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

Official 2013-14 Lac Ice Conditions Thread

Tj420

Archie and gary plowed the road today , but i just found out a big water/slush hole just before birch. Gary is trying to plow around it right now

Guest Mattyh

They will be out plowing again all day tmrw. So the road should be in decent shape. Plowed all the way to coffin

Tj420

Just talked to sugar shack (archie) garys letting trucks on the ice rd. still lots of slush /water holes all down the lake ,ill post the road condition when i get out there around 5 oclock

pbear

I was out yesterday and Gary plowed around a couple of big slush holes. Easy on the way out but on the way back had to be careful not to take the wrong road (just light enough to make headlights ineffective). Did not venture far from plowed areas. Several sleds stuck in the ice (appeared to be frozen in). Gary said that's the last road he is plowing. "That's it!"

countryboy123

I'm sure he is just being typical Gary. It has been a tough year for him plowing, so I understand why he feels that way. He has not sold the place yet so he better not quit plowing and piss off people who might not come back next year. Less shacks at Sawmill equals less property value Gary.

Guest DarrenRackShack

We just got our shack out this week...I hope the road is ok for a few weeks so I can at least use it a few times.

Sugar Shack

so far the road is still open but any major wind or snow fall will shut the road down .the snow on the lake is so hard it is impossible to plow. but we will keep trying it has been a tough year thanks for the cold weather or it would be a real mess.For the hut owners there isno where in your contract with Gary saying anything about a plowed ROAD just storage and access to the lake only the road is a privilege. So hut owners without a snowmoble maybe you should buy one because you never know what can happen to the road. For your interest I spend from 150 to 300 dallar a week to keep the road open Archie

icehuts.html

Sugar Shack

by the way I do give a big thankyou for the other trucks that help with the plowing if a few more people would help out we will have a good road Thanks to Larry he has a small plow but has done a lot of work to help to keep the road open

icehuts.html

Tj420

Yup big thanks to arcihe and gary for the road being open , its pretty brutal when u see a truck with a plow on the road with it up. Blade down people , help out f.;,k

speckmaster

Uhhh, I'm guessing the road vanished before lunch today.

Tj420

Sawmill didnt get all the snow we got, archie and gary plowing the road right now.

AmateurHourAngling

Did they get any snow out there today...trying to make plans for tommorow

-JADEN

Wopfisher

Drove past lac this morning snowing alot highway was bad for that stretch to

Lyle Reiner

Few friends are pulling their shacks off this coming weekend. Their own choice, but might not be a bad idea

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Jerr454

RoAd was good to coffin yesterday. With all this snow comin i dont think ther will b a road by the weekend. But ya never know

Tj420

People figure the road was goinin to be plowed on fri Ten truck stuck out there as of lastnite. Dumass gd luck getting offf.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

lol just comical people out in trucks with this snow. dont buy a 50k$ truck and use it as a sled. bUy a 29K$ truck and a nice sled use each as such .

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

pbear

Someone is bound to make a pile of money getting them off. If they can get them off.

Tj420

I heard some yankkee offered archie 1000 bucks cash to plow the road. Stiill no go Lol or someone goinin to hire a skidder to plow. Lmfao

levi64

You're really taking some serious joy out of some fishermans misfortune. You must be quite the sportsman.

• Like 1

Guest DarrenRackShack

Yes Levi, I agree with you...when I go out I assume I have a road to get to and from my shack. I have a sled but with gear and a family of four for the weekend it's lots more work without a road and not worth the hassle. If I could help the stranded trucks I would...not sit back, crack a beer and laugh at them.