• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bottom Bouncer

A GOOD PURCHASE

Bottom Bouncer

Well we all value a dollar and making the right purchase is something we all like to do. I'm talking about a purchase that stops you when your out in the field and makes you think...I'm really glad I bought this or... this was money well spent. Since we all have a common interest in Fishing, Hunting and the outdoors I thought with Christmas coming and really just hearing from other sportsmen in general what purchases they have made over the years that really stick out in there mind as some of the "BEST". Here are some of mine:

Frabrill Conservation Landing Net.

St.Croix 7' one piece Tournament Legend Spinning Rod

Pflueger Patriarch Spinning Reel

Power Pro and Berkley Fireline fishing line

Guidewear Rain Suit

Vexilar FL8SE Ice fishing Flasher

Northlands Spot on the Spot fish markers (custom cut to length ex. 15', 25', 35', 45')

Raplala Pliers "they cut the super lines"

Probably the one purchase that makes me smile every day is my 4x4 Suburban

Well there's a few of mine. So lets here from everyone because I'm sure we all have at least one purchase that makes you glad you purchased it. I know we all don't post regularly like myself but I'm hoping for those of you who don't, you will jump in this time and post a Great Purchase you have made for everyone to think about.

REELBAIT

sinker7

I didn't see your new Lund boat on the list???

Some Old Guy

I have two purchases coming up real soon. I hope I'll be glad I bought them.

One of the purchases I made last year was an i-pilot. what a difference!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Iron Ranger

Food saver has a sale for 40% off on a great vacuum sealer. Check out the website. I got the email from them last night. I ordered one for our son & son in-law. Buy the bags from another site. The nice feature with this food saver is it has a moister sensor, that shuts things down if water is going to be sucked in to the motor.

• Like 1

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Bottom Bouncer

I didn't see your new Lund boat on the list???

Lol...... ya the new Lund is awesome, no complaints. I'm sure you noticed how close I am with my 16 year old Suburban. Lol

REELBAIT

Lyle Reiner

I would have to go with my g loomis smallmouth rod, my inflatable pfd, toyota fj cruiser, and series of jig molds!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

naden

After years of borrowing 40 year old jiffys that dont cut or using hand augers.....I love my z71 ice auger. Bought it brand new about 3 or 4 years ago...didnt really want to spend that much but happy I did. That and buying a house with a garage!

Last spring I upgraded my old 80s 9.8 to a newer yamaha 15 hp which I also dont regret.......trolls slow all day, easy on fuel, and much quieter than the old motors.

Some Old Guy

I saw how close you are to that 16 year old! I have even heard that you sleep in her!

You truckaphile!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bottom Bouncer

I saw how close you are to that 16 year old! I have even heard that you sleep in her!

You truckaphile!

Roger

. LOL

REELBAIT

Iron Ranger

I would have to go with my g loomis smallmouth rod, my inflatable pfd, toyota fj cruiser, and series of jig molds!

Well, it's good to see my good friend Lyle is alive and well. Just wishing you the best over our Thanksgiving. Take care my good friend. I hope you get everything that you wish.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

thefisher

My portable clam hut!!!! Weather is never an issue when going out ice fishin anymore. Had her 6 years now.

Dale Gaudry

I notice the Mercury still didn't make the list Bottom Bouncer. After years of fishing I have used a lot of crap until I found the good stuff. The three best things on my boat are 1. Minn kota trolling motors (cable steer) GO BIG with the first one and you will save your self time and money in the future

2. Lowrance HDS units with structurescan

4. Shimano - G Loomis rods and reels (I don't use anything else)

P.S. I should throw my 21 year old Evinrude into the mix as well. :fire:

Pro Staff for LOWRANCE

Guest Crooksyredboat

My Klim bibs and jacket, awesome snowmobile riding gear,durable and very warm. Pricey, but nice to have when riding in -25 degrees.

whoreleur

My pride, it's been hurt many times out on the water.

johnr

My argo ....its just like me...hard working, slow moving, needy and always lets you know when you should have been paying attention. I will never again be without one.

Brad Rissanen

My Boomerang line cutters, side imaging graph and an enclosed sled trailer (couple of expensive purchases, but have never regretted spending the money).

WalleyeWayne

In the last 3 years it's been my:

Crestliner Fishawk 1850 w/ 150hp Mercury XR6

Polaris 600 IQ

Humminbird ICE 55

Lowrance Elite 5

Jiffy STX PRO II

Eskimo 3-Man Pop-up

:blush: Looking back now, no wonder my wife is annoyed with my spending habits

RH.

i didnt buy it but one thing that has saved me countless amounts of time is my minnow traps. when im at camp it beats the drive to the bait shop to buy a few dozen minnows, all you have to do is atv up to the trap and take what you need for the day and return the trap to the water. also if your fishing and all your minnows die on the way to the lake, the trap can save you from fishing without bait.

• Like 1

Iron Ranger

i didnt buy it but one thing that has saved me countless amounts of time is my minnow traps. when im at camp it beats the drive to the bait shop to buy a few dozen minnows, all you have to do is atv up to the trap and take what you need for the day and return the trap to the water. also if your fishing and all your minnows die on the way to the lake, the trap can save you from fishing without bait.

Great way to handle the bait situation. I have done that numerous times over the years using several shiner traps. Several years ago though, I had a very large bear that had a real sour attitude problem snapping his jaws and woofing at me just off the trail heading down to my minnow trap. Needless, to say, I gave him the trail and backed out. YOU CANNOT beat fresh bait though!!!

WalleyeWayne

Great story Eyeguy and may your father RIP

mad scientist

An original Leatherman and a real Zippo.

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3