• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crooksyredboat

Black Bay Perch Fishing

WalleyeWayne

I see all the day huts have been booked up already for this Saturday :mellow:. Hope the wind ain't howling too bad.

crazyctr

so i dont need auger or my buddy heater or my sleigh pop up? i can just head out with sled, sweeeeet

how much for the day? and how many holes are you allowing inside?

hi ryan its the same price as the other day huts $50 plus taxes = $56.50. there is room for 4 holes inside any more then that will be a big tanglement

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

Is there a limit to how many people in each hut? Or whatever can fit

doesn`t matter

hbaits.jpg

gsambray

Is it a far walk to were the perch are? No sled or quad

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

It is about 5 miles I believe. Walking isn't really an option, not to get to the great perch fishing you hear about anyways.

gsambray

Im guessing no road plowed either

Porkchop21

Heading out Tuesday with some friends. Anyone know if quads can make it out or too much slush and sleds only?

McGinnis_Fishing

Im sure gary will clarify but i think its about 3 or 4 miles out. Its about A 10 min sled ride and thats going pretty fast! Walking is defiantly out of the question.

You dont take trucks on lake superior because an ice ridge can open up real fast and a helicopter lift is not cheap! Lol

However gary has a shuttle service. He can take you, all your gear, and even a pop up and for only $10 a head. He takes good care of all his customers.

The slush was bad about a week ago but when we were out 2 days ago all the slush was tight and we had no issues.

• Like 1

crazyctr

Is it a far walk to were the perch are? No sled or quad

it is 6 miles out to the huts if you wanna go I can take you out on the shuttle its $10 per person for the ride

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

hi porkchop its sleds only to much snow quads haven't been able to get out for over 3 weeks now

Heading out Tuesday with some friends. Anyone know if quads can make it out or too much slush and sleds only?

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

its sleds only to much snow quads haven't been able to get out there for 3 weeks now

this is what my groomed trail looks like today after some idiots tried to go out there with a quad pulling a double wide sled trailer they got out about 500 yards and had to walk in and get their truck to pull them off the lake after they got the truck unstuck its a good thing they stopped where they did one of the locals here was hauling his hut out and buried the snow machine and hut in slush about a mile further out

post-1941-0-22098900-1389386868_thumb.jp

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

Im sure gary will clarify but i think its about 3 or 4 miles out. Its about A 10 min sled ride and thats going pretty fast! Walking is defiantly out of the question.

You dont take trucks on lake superior because an ice ridge can open up real fast and a helicopter lift is not cheap! Lol

However gary has a shuttle service. He can take you, all your gear, and even a pop up and for only $10 a head. He takes good care of all his customers.

The slush was bad about a week ago but when we were out 2 days ago all the slush was tight and we had no issues.

its 6 miles out to the huts takes around 15 to 20 minutes to get out. there is still some slush in places new cracks opening daily.as for trucks on lake superior its to dangerous because of the ice ridges as young gun had mentioned. the last truck I heard of that went through the ice on bays end cost the owner over $70,000 to get the truck out so its not worth the risk and with this being a sanctuary the fines will be a lot heavier on top of removal cost

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

theres getting to be lots of slush out on black bay now . start praying for cold weather to freeze it up before its to late

hbaits.jpg

Porkchop21

Really? A few of us were going to head out there tomorrow but come from superior shores rd way. Is it ok or should we look at going somewhere else?

Guest csinclair

I've never been out to Black Bay and we wanted to head there on Friday for perch fishing, anyone have any tips of where to go (and where to park, we have a sled/portable hut). any help would be great :)

SherpaJ

Was thinking of fishing black bay to specifically target big Pike....are there chances of hooking into 40"+ fish? Or am I wasting my time?

crazyctr

Really? A few of us were going to head out there tomorrow but come from superior shores rd way. Is it ok or should we look at going somewhere else?

stay away from the islands theres always lots of slush near them and between the main land and green island watch out there is always thin ice in that area. your best bet would be ask some of the locals that live down there they will know where the slush is at

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

Was thinking of fishing black bay to specifically target big Pike....are there chances of hooking into 40"+ fish? Or am I wasting my time?

hi Sherpa if you leave from the hurkett dock and go out about a mile east southeast you will be in around 10 to 15 feet of water and in the past there was lots of pike caught in that area some real big ones to or another spot would be off the mouth of the wolf river about a mile out to has been good too

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

I've never been out to Black Bay and we wanted to head there on Friday for perch fishing, anyone have any tips of where to go (and where to park, we have a sled/portable hut). any help would be great :)

park at the hurkett dock and you can follow me out and fish anywhere out by the ice huts in 15 to 20 feet of water

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

black bay is sleds only now to much slush for quads

hbaits.jpg

Porkchop21

Thanks for the response Gary. Appreciate it. I'll stay away from there then and leave from the hurkett dock instead. See ya tomorrow, gunna need bait!!

WalleyeWayne

The cold weather seems to be back so that should tighten up the trail. Also, you may want to consider bringing your auger extension. I was out last Saturday and was 6" away from soaking the power head.

bin fishin lots

Renting a hut off Gary next Saturday. I am a virgin to this area on superior. Any tips out there? Is there some artificial baits that work as well as live bait? Don't have sonar so not sure the f.o.w. they are more active in? Any hints appreciated folks.

• Like 1