• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mud trout

New to board

Guest mud trout

Hello fellow fly fishers. I have just checked this board for the first time in many months and didn't realize that there is now a fly fishing board. This is great! I've been living and fishing around the Thunder Bay area for just about 15 years now! It's amazing how fast that time has gone. I fish mostly Brookies and switch to bass during the warmer low water periods of summer. I also fish the Browns at Arrow river often during the summer/fall. I have given the salmon and steelhead a go but not too often. I would like to try pike on the fly rod as well but haven't found (haven't really been looking) a good spot for it.

Anyway it would be great to meet other fly fishers and maybe wet a line with soemone at some point!

Merry Christmas and tight lines tto all!

flybum

Welcome! We can keep in touch and head out this spring! Most of us are diggin down into tying mode for the winter. :-p I personally don't fish steelhead in the winter, or the colder months (unless they come through the ice) but there are aome that do! Hope you can find any info on here beneficial!

Cheers!

-Bryan

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Welcome good sir. Hope you enjoy your time on board, there aren't too many of us fly anglers, but the ones on here love it.

Guest mud trout

Thanks for the warm welcome fellows. Bryan, it would be great to get out this spring with you! I did fish with a couple of friends a few years ago but they don't get out often anymore so i have been going it alone most of the time. It would be great to fish with experienced fly fishers, maybe pick up a trick or two along the way. I forgot to mention that i also tie all of my own flies. I have a ton of tying ahead of me yet to replenish my boxes for the up cpming season. Anypne want to get together during the season to fish, i would be more than happy...

kbrest

I smell a fly fishing trip brewing this spring...Welcome to the board!!

Guest mud trout

I'm game for sure! I didn't know there were many, almost any fly fishers around. In fifteen years i have only come across 2 or 3 people with a fly rod. Well, more in the spring for steelhead but i haven't done much of that. I rarely ever see anyone on the creeks and rivers for trout the rest of the summer. It doesn't help that i am always seeking out the most out of the way places where i figure few are going and the fishing is usually better. Hoping to see some of you come spring!

kbrest

Not a veteran by any means, this spring will be my second year really getting into it. Last year I dabbled, this year I went out a lot, met a couple other enthusiasts new to fly fishing (FWF and FlyBum) and really got serious into fly tying and fishing. Now come spring time, it will be fly rod primary, and spinning reel second.

brookiebuster

Welcome!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest mud trout

Kbrest, i found the only way to go was head first! I guess i was so taken by the idea of fooling trout with feathers and fur i had fastened myself that i was determined to make it work. In the first year i force myself to leave the spinning gear home and i went out often. Since that first year I don't even consider taking along my spinning rod as an option. I now use fly gear 95 plus percent of the time.

Brookie Buster, cool name! Where i am from the term mud trout is interchangeable with brook trout. My favorite quarry by far!

Thanks for all the welcomes!