• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

re carpet my boat opinions

probably gonna re carpet my boat as it is getting old and i want to add a bow filler extension plate and rear deck exntesion to replace rear seats when i dont have whole family out.
post-499-0-18709500-1389117428_thumb.jpg
post-499-0-68853200-1389118330_thumb.jpg

due to large cockpit in this boat i get a lot sand and crap on floor and it is hard to clean with only one drain and I was thinking of doing vinyl in cockpit for durability and a thicker carpet on front deck and rear decks for fishing comfort when standing and kneeling. of course from same manufacturer so colours should be close

i have seen aluminum boats like this
and a lot of ski boats like this. with 2 types of flooring
this is a fiberglass fish and ski boat I just happen to be 90% fish but next owner may not be

i really want vinyl for durability with mud, beach sand, fish guts, kids candy, potato chips and all that other crap. but i dont want to put vinyl down if it will tank any future resale.

opinions???

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

BIG SMOKE

I would go with the vinyl DecTec. Only problem is that it only comes 76" wide and heat seaming it can be difficult.

naden

I would prefer the vinyl myself, like you said easier to clean and probably wears better. I dont think it would affect resale much. If I was looking for a boat I would see the vinyl floor as a positive thing.

• Like 1

Jayfishin

Vinyl is definitely nice on the main floor area, but hard on knees etc when not standing in bow area. Home depot deck vinyl works well. Using it for refinishing my father-in-laws tracker this winter. Old carpet gone. Great for cleanup and maintenance in my Lund.

Jay

PRO V

Thats what i did Ryan, front and back decks are carpet, and the main floor is vinyl easy to maintain, only small down fall things tend to slid around on the vinyl.

Mike

sliding no biggie, if it aint tied down it flies out anyways.

glad to hear nobody odjects to vinyl

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Jayfishin

Now if only it was as easy for vehicles... carpet floors are stupid. Lol

Jay

Adrian

My Princecraft is all carpet, and really wish the main floor and deck was vinyl. I hate starting the generator at camp just to vacuum out the sand.

DJL66

Wish I had vinyl in my Crestliner rather than the carpeting. Never understood the practice of putting carpet in vehicles either. I had to special order my F150 with the vinyl flooring. I hate carpeting!

If it is installed correctly I do not think it will affect resale in a - way.

pbear

The only downside to vinyl that i see is if you have a tiller and get up to speed the sand and gravel and such comes flying back at you. Dont forget your sunglasses! Nope, i see yours has a steering wheel. Go for the vinyl!!! I put it in my rebuilt lund and its awesome!!! Oh, i bit the bullet and bought it from north country.

WalleyeWayne

Vinyl is nice, but it's slippery when wet and hot as hell on bare feet! I'm total carpet in my 1850 Fishawk and I fish barefoot until it snows in the boat. My bare toes get torched on the trolling pedal every now & then, but I just like the comfort of fishing barefoot. The sea fishing boat I was in last week in Mexico, had everyone take off their shoes/sandals and fish barefoot. I suspect it was so no one tripped as a result of wearing improper shoes....? They had nylon-perforated stress mats all over the bottom of the lower deck and it was very comfortable. I'm very meticulous with my boat and vacuum/shampoo it out on a regular basis. However, it does look like sh*t when someone jumps in with muck on their boots cause my carpet is a light tan color. GRRRRR!!!!!