• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uncle

Expensive wolves.

uncle

$72,500 In Fines For Illegal Activities

By CKDR News - January 13th, 2014 - 2:05pm

11-people have pleaded guilty to a total of 68-charges and fined $72,500 for offences that took place at Andy Myers Lodge, on Eagle Lake, west of Dryden.

The charges stem from a two-year covert investigation in cooperation with the Ministry of Natural Resources, United States Fish and Wildlife Services, the departments of Natural Resources for Wisconsin, Michigan, New York and Minnesota as well as the New Zealand Commission of Wildlife.

Conservation officers discovered that Steve Herbeck, a former owner and operator of Andy Myers, and his staff encouraged clients to hunt wolves without a licence.

Court heard that staff then used their own resident licences to validate the wolf or arranged for guests to buy licences afterward.

He also allowed guests to fish without a licence and use more than the allowable amount of fishing rods.

Herbeck was fined $7,500 and his business was fined $27,000 for 22-offences.

He's not allowed to hunt in Ontario for ten years.

Six lodge employees have also been fined.

Danny Herbeck and Chris Federman were fined $7,000 each and can't hunt for the next four and eight years respectively.

The other employees charged were Andy Bouchard of Waldhof, Calum Rutchie of Waldhof, Tammy Pelletier of Waldhof and Scott Munford of Vermilion Bay.

Three lodge guests from Wisconsin, New York and New Zealand were also charged for various offences. (George Lindsay, Travis Runde and Don Rabideau Jr.)

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

sad that such a prominent resorts rep has been tarnished. idiots!

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Gone8to1248

The Americans that violated the hunting laws should be banned from any hunting or fishing for life in Canada. Their actions make the rest of us look bad, we are guests in your country and should be on our best behavior.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've met quite a few Americans on various fly in trips, even encountered some in remote helicopter access areas (they canoed 50 km to get to where I landed) and everyone I have met have offered me food, bait, and even beer. I for one feel that most of the Americans that come up here do appreciate what we have to offer. My point is, American, Canadian, whatever, every country has it's but holes.

Bear

The Lodge in question has been sold to a new person. Happy to see the poachers caught and prosecuted.

Bear