• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flybum

Glass rods

brookiebuster

My next fly rod will be a glass rod. Need a nice light rod for those backcountry brookie trips. The Redington butterstick looks like a sweet option as well as the Orvis. Hmm...

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

flybum

My next fly rod will be a glass rod. Need a nice light rod for those backcountry brookie trips. The Redington butterstick looks like a sweet option as well as the Orvis. Hmm...

Don't forget the echo... If you are curious about glass AT ALL, I highly suggest the eagle claw feather light to start with. Through thefiberglassmanifesto.com you can get them shipped to Rydens for 40$, and they rock! I have 2 glass rods if you ever want to mess around with them!

Guest mud trout

I had a couple of fiberglass rods. One was a Fenwick Ferelite from the seventies and the other was a home made job i bought off of eBay. I suspect it was an Eagle claw blank, but I'm not sure. I rally liked the slower pace that these rods require. Great for small streams. A brookie of any decent size would put a bend right through the blank, you could fight larger fish right down through the butt section of the rod. I then discovered cane rods and sold my fiberglass rods. But there were lots of fun!