• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flybum

New boat, gunnel questions.

flybum

so i have just purchased a Crestliner kodiak 16 tiller. i LOVE the boat and have wanted that model for quite a while.

During my pre shopping and "homework", i never really looked any further into the Suremount gunnel system.

i saw it in the brochure and figured there would be WAY more options. Sadly, there are not... the only thing available to purchase are aluminum plates ( either horizontal or vertical) for you to customize with either a downrigger or a rod holder.

What I'm getting at is... is there any aftermarket pieces for this system? it seems like its a different system than the lund and G3. It also seems like its very week.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Bryan

filletandrelease

I'd check with traxtech, cisco, berts, or cannon and see if any of them make an adapter to fit your boat. Then see which of their rod holders or downrigger bases you like the best as they all fit in each other's tracks. If no aftermarket accessories are available you could always build an adapter yourself. Nice boat btw

flybum

great, ill look into those!

Thanks for the info!

And thanks, I'm impatiently waiting for all the snow to melt now...

• Like 1